Re: [AQ_NFS] Quick entry of placenames

  • Terry D. Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
      Dear Neil...

      Click on Tools then General and see if the Use Quick Entry (advanced)
      is turned on. If you have the simple one turned on then it takes
      longer for AQ to recognize that something is recurring and then it
      adds it to your Quick Entry list... the Advanced will work best.

      --- Terry

      On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:37:12 +1030, "Neil Hallam"
      <hallamnr@...> wrote the following:

      >Please help.
      >My AQ database has lost the ability to remember place names and automatically fill in when repeated.
      >What have I accidently turned off.
      >Hoping someone can help.
      >Thank
      >Neil

      Terry D. Smith and Family
      1978 Miner Way, Las Vegas, Nevada 89104-5214

      Listen to the whisperings, they can lead you over your brick walls

      Researching the surnames: Billedeaux, Hungate, Garrett, King, Martin,
      Weale, Trickel, Armelle, Swearingen, Price, Lund, Johnson, Thomas, Eyre,
      Mihelich, Springer, Trebnik, Armentrout, Marcelain, Mayfield, Ward

      Genealogy URL: http://home.earthlink.net/~tdsfamgen100/ which links to
      http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=tsmith
    • Neil Hallam
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
        Thanks for your help,
        I have ticked "Quick entry" and it is working again but the "advanced"
        option is greyed out.
        Regards
        Neil
        > Click on Tools then General and see if the Use Quick Entry (advanced)
        > is turned on. If you have the simple one turned on then it takes
        > longer for AQ to recognize that something is recurring and then it
        > adds it to your Quick Entry list... the Advanced will work best.
        >
        > --- Terry
        >
        > On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:37:12 +1030, "Neil Hallam"
        > <hallamnr@...> wrote the following:
        >
        >>Please help.
        >>My AQ database has lost the ability to remember place names and
        >>automatically fill in when repeated.
        >>What have I accidently turned off.
        >>Hoping someone can help.
        >>Thank
        >>Neil

        > Terry D. Smith and Family
        > 1978 Miner Way, Las Vegas, Nevada 89104-5214
        >
        > Listen to the whisperings, they can lead you over your brick walls
        >
        > Researching the surnames: Billedeaux, Hungate, Garrett, King, Martin,
        > Weale, Trickel, Armelle, Swearingen, Price, Lund, Johnson, Thomas, Eyre,
        > Mihelich, Springer, Trebnik, Armentrout, Marcelain, Mayfield, Ward
        >
        > Genealogy URL: http://home.earthlink.net/~tdsfamgen100/ which links to
        >
        > http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=tsmith

        13:01:00
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
          Neil:

          The Advanced option is only available for an AQ database. If this option
          is greyed out, you must be working on a PAF file.

          Gaylon