Quick entry of placenames

  • Neil Hallam
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
      Please help.
      My AQ database has lost the ability to remember place names and automatically fill in when repeated.
      What have I accidently turned off.
      Hoping someone can help.
      Thank
      Neil

    • Terry D. Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
        Dear Neil...

        Click on Tools then General and see if the Use Quick Entry (advanced)
        is turned on. If you have the simple one turned on then it takes
        longer for AQ to recognize that something is recurring and then it
        adds it to your Quick Entry list... the Advanced will work best.

        --- Terry

        On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:37:12 +1030, "Neil Hallam"
        <hallamnr@...> wrote the following:

        >Please help.
        >My AQ database has lost the ability to remember place names and automatically fill in when repeated.
        >What have I accidently turned off.
        >Hoping someone can help.
        >Thank
        >Neil

        Terry D. Smith and Family
        1978 Miner Way, Las Vegas, Nevada 89104-5214

        Listen to the whisperings, they can lead you over your brick walls

        Researching the surnames: Billedeaux, Hungate, Garrett, King, Martin,
        Weale, Trickel, Armelle, Swearingen, Price, Lund, Johnson, Thomas, Eyre,
        Mihelich, Springer, Trebnik, Armentrout, Marcelain, Mayfield, Ward

        Genealogy URL: http://home.earthlink.net/~tdsfamgen100/ which links to
        http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=tsmith
      • Neil Hallam
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
          Thanks for your help,
          I have ticked "Quick entry" and it is working again but the "advanced"
          option is greyed out.
          Regards
          Neil
          > Click on Tools then General and see if the Use Quick Entry (advanced)
          > is turned on. If you have the simple one turned on then it takes
          > longer for AQ to recognize that something is recurring and then it
          > adds it to your Quick Entry list... the Advanced will work best.
          >
          > --- Terry
          >
          > On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:37:12 +1030, "Neil Hallam"
          > <hallamnr@...> wrote the following:
          >
          >>Please help.
          >>My AQ database has lost the ability to remember place names and
          >>automatically fill in when repeated.
          >>What have I accidently turned off.
          >>Hoping someone can help.
          >>Thank
          >>Neil

          > Terry D. Smith and Family
          > 1978 Miner Way, Las Vegas, Nevada 89104-5214
          >
          > Listen to the whisperings, they can lead you over your brick walls
          >
          > Researching the surnames: Billedeaux, Hungate, Garrett, King, Martin,
          > Weale, Trickel, Armelle, Swearingen, Price, Lund, Johnson, Thomas, Eyre,
          > Mihelich, Springer, Trebnik, Armentrout, Marcelain, Mayfield, Ward
          >
          > Genealogy URL: http://home.earthlink.net/~tdsfamgen100/ which links to
          >
          > http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=tsmith

          13:01:00
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 13, 2009
            Neil:

            The Advanced option is only available for an AQ database. If this option
            is greyed out, you must be working on a PAF file.

            Gaylon