FW: [AQ_NFS] Changing card holder - Attn Gaylon

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2009
      Since this message appears to have been missed, I am resending.

      Gaylon,

      My son just did some initiatories, and I am ready to want to send some cards
      to my brother. I tried to Add New Contact. It requires that I put in his
      PID. That is normally not readily available. (since he is living) Then when
      I highlight the name of the card I want to send, it puts his PID in there.
      If I did not have a PID and try just using his name, it shows that I am
      giving the card to "blank". I would like to show the name of the person I am
      sending the card/s to.

      Please change that. I would appreciate it. And maybe others would also.

      Thanks,

      Gunilla

      Gunilla Manell
      1488 NW 2 AVE
      ONTARIO OR 97914
      Phone# 541-889-9076
      e-mail: gmanell@manell. <mailto:gmanell%40manell.net> net
      HOME PAGE URL:
      http://gmanell. <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/> tripod.com/tripod/
      FAMILY TREE HOME PAGE URL:
      http://gmanell. <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html>
      tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2009
        This was an additional question under the same subject heading. It has not
        been responded to.

        Another question:

        Once I have added a contact, how can I edit it? Or delete it?

        So now I have a few names saying that PIDxxxx has it. If I had more than
        one person added, I may need to see what name belongs to this PID. Is it
        possible to see that? How? What's the point of adding the contact's name,
        address and e-mail, if I can't see it, or change it??

        Maybe the answer is in Help, and I admit that I haven't looked there yet,
        but I don't see anything obvious on the screen that I am working on.

        /Gunilla

        _____

        From: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups. <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com> com

        http://gmanell. <http://gmanell. <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/>

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2009
          Gunilla:

          The ability to edit and delete contacts in the ORTS system is also high
          on the list of things to do.

          You initially asked, "I tried to Add New Contact. It requires that I put
          in his PID."

          The Add new contact brings up a screen where you type in information on
          a contact person, and the first item (and the only item important to AQ)
          is an ID. I typically put in something like, "Aunt Bessie", "Cousin
          Bob", "Young Mens President" or "High Priest Group Leader". This is not
          intended to be the PID of the person in NFS, but something that makes
          sense to you. The other fields, such as address, e-mail, phone and so on
          are for you to use any way you like. And as you mention, without the
          ability to review this screen later, adding the other information at
          this time is not very helpful. (In our initial design, the contact
          screen was available in a different part of the program, and we had the
          edit working, but as we rearranged some things shortly before releasing
          ORTS, we missed this -- we intend to get it back in soon.)

          Gaylon