Temple icon in blue rectangle

  • Wade Starks
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 17, 2014

      What does it mean when the Temple Icon is enclosed in a filled in blue rectangle?

      Wade Starks

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 17, 2014
        In Temple Mode, there are indicators to the right of each person's
        name in both Family and Pedigree Views.

        If the Temple icon is not solid, it means there has been no link
        synchronized established with FamilySearchFamilyTree for that person.
        If it is solid, a link has been established between the person in AQ
        and _a_ person in FSFT (there is no guarantee that they are the same
        person; only that the person in AQ has been synchronized with the
        person in FSFT).

        On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 08:11:56 -0600, you wrote:

        >What does it mean when the Temple Icon is enclosed in a filled in blue
        >rectangle?
        >

        >Wade Starks

      • Wade Starks
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 17, 2014
          In your response, are you not really referring to the FT icon rather than the temple icon, when you talk about linking with FT?

          Wade Starks

          On Mar 17, 2014, at 11:51, tomhuber.yah@... wrote:

          In Temple Mode, there are indicators to the right of each person's
          name in both Family and Pedigree Views.

          If the Temple icon is not solid, it means there has been no link
          synchronized established with FamilySearchFamilyTree for that person.
          If it is solid, a link has been established between the person in AQ
          and _a_ person in FSFT (there is no guarantee that they are the same
          person; only that the person in AQ has been synchronized with the
          person in FSFT).

          On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 08:11:56 -0600, you wrote:

          >What does it mean when the Temple Icon is enclosed in a filled in blue
          >rectangle?
          >

          >Wade Starks

        • Bob Borden
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 17, 2014

            Hey there,

            I joined this group so I could ask a question about Ancestor Quest.  Now it seems like I’m getting copied on every other question that is asked and the answers too.  Anyway I can chime out of all these emails?

            Thanks,

            Bob

            In your response, are you not really referring to the FT icon rather than the temple icon, when you talk about linking with FT?

            Wade Starks

            On Mar 17, 2014, at 11:51, tomhuber.yah@... wrote:

            In Temple Mode, there are indicators to the right of each person's
            name in both Family and Pedigree Views.

            If the Temple icon is not solid, it means there has been no link
            synchronized established with FamilySearchFamilyTree for that person.
            If it is solid, a link has been established between the person in AQ
            and _a_ person in FSFT (there is no guarantee that they are the same
            person; only that the person in AQ has been synchronized with the
            person in FSFT).

            On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 08:11:56 -0600, you wrote:

            >What does it mean when the Temple Icon is enclosed in a filled in blue
            >rectangle?
            >

            >Wade Starks

          • Dale McIntyre
            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 17, 2014
              Bob

              .

              Dale McIntyre

              Link to my blog, AQWillDo, then Follow AQ Will Do, for help on using Ancestral Quest genealogical software.  There is no charge.  Unsubscribe at any time.

              On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Bob Borden <rhborden@...> wrote:

              Hey there,

              I joined this group so I could ask a question about Ancestor Quest.  Now it seems like I’m getting copied on every other question that is asked and the answers too.  Anyway I can chime out of all these emails?

              Thanks,

              Bob

              In your response, are you not really referring to the FT icon rather than the temple icon, when you talk about linking with FT?

              Wade Starks

              On Mar 17, 2014, at 11:51, tomhuber.yah@... wrote:

              In Temple Mode, there are indicators to the right of each person's
              name in both Family and Pedigree Views.

              If the Temple icon is not solid, it means there has been no link
              synchronized established with FamilySearchFamilyTree for that person.
              If it is solid, a link has been established between the person in AQ
              and _a_ person in FSFT (there is no guarantee that they are the same
              person; only that the person in AQ has been synchronized with the
              person in FSFT).

              On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 08:11:56 -0600, you wrote:

              >What does it mean when the Temple Icon is enclosed in a filled in blue
              >rectangle?
              >

              >Wade Starks

            • Bob Borden
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 17, 2014

                Will I still be able to ask questions if I unsubscribe?

                In your response, are you not really referring to the FT icon rather than the temple icon, when you talk about linking with FT?

                Wade Starks

                On Mar 17, 2014, at 11:51, tomhuber.yah@... wrote:

                In Temple Mode, there are indicators to the right of each person's
                name in both Family and Pedigree Views.

                If the Temple icon is not solid, it means there has been no link
                synchronized established with FamilySearchFamilyTree for that person.
                If it is solid, a link has been established between the person in AQ
                and _a_ person in FSFT (there is no guarantee that they are the same
                person; only that the person in AQ has been synchronized with the
                person in FSFT).

                On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 08:11:56 -0600, you wrote:

                >What does it mean when the Temple Icon is enclosed in a filled in blue
                >rectangle?
                >

                >Wade Starks

              • Dale McIntyre
                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 17, 2014
                  Bob

                  I don't know. I have never unsubscribed.

                  Dale

                • donelias@juno.com
                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 17, 2014
                    Dale

                    As a result of your recent post, I have found your blog
                    for the first time and I am currently overwhelmed!!!!!!
                    I will be reviewing and studying it as I have time.  (As
                    you remember, income taxes are soon due.)   :^(

                    I do not currently use AQ - I just "play" with it and
                    other programs and am trying to figure out which one
                    I want to "partner with" forever and ever.

                    Thanks for providing such a treasure of information.

                    Don Elias

                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 17, 2014
                        I believe that there is an option to NOT receive messages, but to still be able to go to the group page and read the archives. This would let you remain a member of the group without getting e-mails.

                        Gaylon

                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 18, 2014
                          At the bottom of each message that is e-mailed to you, you have the
                          option to "Visit Your Group".

                          When you click on "VIsit Your Group", your system should open the
                          Yahoo Group screen for this group.

                          On the Right side below the image is "Membership" with a down
                          indicator. Click on the Down indicator and select "Edit Membership".

                          Click on the little pencil next to Subscription.

                          You will see a list of options, including one that says "No email" If
                          you select this, you will still be subscribed to the group, but will
                          receive _no_ emails of any kind from the group. I don't know if Gaylon
                          ever uses the Special Notices (or even if it an option for him), but
                          you may want to select that instead of "No email" -- that way you will
                          receive any special notices if any are sent. You will not receive the
                          general discussion messages, either as individual e-mails (which is
                          what I use) or the Daily Digest (useful if the group has heavy message
                          traffic -- this group is relatively light for traffic).

                          Hope this helps.

                          Tom

                          Message 12 of 21 , Mar 18, 2014
                            Sorry, but yes, it is a family tree icon.

                            I'm looking at one of my families and see the temple icon next to the
                            family tree icon. One of the kids has the icon (with checkmark) with a
                            solid background. All the others, include parents and grandparents,
                            have a white background.

                            However, when I navigated to another person (one of the children) and
                            back to the parents, the background changed to white. When I switched
                            to the second spouse for the father and back to the first spouse, the
                            background of one of the icons changed to black.

                            Navigating to that child and back to the parents caused another
                            child's icon to switch to a black background. Gaylon needs to look
                            into this strange behavior.

                            Also, I just noticed two different sizes for the navigation icon to
                            the left of the name (the left-pointing triangle). Again, I have no
                            explanation for the difference in the sizes. The sizes are
                            consistently regular or slightly smaller. They are _not_ filled in for
                            the instances where I've spotted them. Having a spouse does not seem
                            to affect the size.

                            You've got me as far as an explanation.

                            Hopefully Gaylon can look into this and offer an explanation or
                            perhaps fix some bug that no body has noticed with respect to both the
                            temple icon on the right side and the navigation button on the left
                            side.

                            Tom

                            On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 12:13:38 -0600, you wrote:

                            >In your response, are you not really referring to the FT icon rather than the temple icon, when you talk about linking with FT?
                            >
                            >Wade Starks
                            >

                            >> On Mar 17, 2014, at 11:51, tomhuber.yah@... wrote:
                            >>
                            >> In Temple Mode, there are indicators to the right of each person's
                            >> name in both Family and Pedigree Views.
                            >>
                            >> If the Temple icon is not solid, it means there has been no link
                            >> synchronized established with FamilySearchFamilyTree for that person.
                            >> If it is solid, a link has been established between the person in AQ
                            >> and _a_ person in FSFT (there is no guarantee that they are the same
                            >> person; only that the person in AQ has been synchronized with the
                            >> person in FSFT).
                            >>
                            >> On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 08:11:56 -0600, you wrote:
                            >>
                            >> >What does it mean when the Temple Icon is enclosed in a filled in blue
                            >> >rectangle?
                            >> >

                            >> >Wade Starks

                          • Teresa Davis
                            Message 13 of 21 , Mar 18, 2014
                              I noticed that when I clicked on a child with a black triangle and put him in the primary position (top, left corner), then clicked back to the parents, his triangle became smaller with a less then symbol next to the triangle.

                              I believe this is to tell me this is the person I just looked at, kind of like a road sign telling me where I had just been. Gaylon will have the answer :-)

                              Teresa

                              On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 5:00 AM, <tomhuber.yah@...> wrote:

                              Sorry, but yes, it is a family tree icon.

                              I'm looking at one of my families and see the temple icon next to the
                              family tree icon. One of the kids has the icon (with checkmark) with a
                              solid background. All the others, include parents and grandparents,
                              have a white background.

                              However, when I navigated to another person (one of the children) and
                              back to the parents, the background changed to white. When I switched
                              to the second spouse for the father and back to the first spouse, the
                              background of one of the icons changed to black.

                              Navigating to that child and back to the parents caused another
                              child's icon to switch to a black background. Gaylon needs to look
                              into this strange behavior.

                              Also, I just noticed two different sizes for the navigation icon to
                              the left of the name (the left-pointing triangle). Again, I have no
                              explanation for the difference in the sizes. The sizes are
                              consistently regular or slightly smaller. They are _not_ filled in for
                              the instances where I've spotted them. Having a spouse does not seem
                              to affect the size.

                              You've got me as far as an explanation.

                              Hopefully Gaylon can look into this and offer an explanation or
                              perhaps fix some bug that no body has noticed with respect to both the
                              temple icon on the right side and the navigation button on the left
                              side.

                              Tom

                              On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 12:13:38 -0600, you wrote:

                              >In your response, are you not really referring to the FT icon rather than the temple icon, when you talk about linking with FT?
                              >
                              >Wade Starks
                              >

                              >> On Mar 17, 2014, at 11:51, tomhuber.yah@... wrote:
                              >>
                              >> In Temple Mode, there are indicators to the right of each person's
                              >> name in both Family and Pedigree Views.
                              >>
                              >> If the Temple icon is not solid, it means there has been no link
                              >> synchronized established with FamilySearchFamilyTree for that person.
                              >> If it is solid, a link has been established between the person in AQ
                              >> and _a_ person in FSFT (there is no guarantee that they are the same
                              >> person; only that the person in AQ has been synchronized with the
                              >> person in FSFT).
                              >>
                              >> On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 08:11:56 -0600, you wrote:
                              >>
                              >> >What does it mean when the Temple Icon is enclosed in a filled in blue
                              >> >rectangle?
                              >> >

                              >> >Wade Starks

                            • Wade Starks
                              Message 14 of 21 , Mar 18, 2014
                                Actually, I have noticed that the smaller triangle can be either clear or
                                filled in.

                                Wade

                                Message 15 of 21 , Mar 18, 2014
                                  Yes, that particular case is covered in the help file. "An arrow
                                  button to the left of the Primary Individual or a chevron («) to the
                                  left of a child name indicates the person you selected as you
                                  navigated up an ancestral line. Click on this arrow button or chevron
                                  to navigate back down through the same line." The chevron has been
                                  replaced by the left-pointing triangle with the less-than symbol in
                                  front of it.

                                • S Douglas Cline
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Mar 18, 2014

                                    I have been trying to Update Temple Ordinances for the last two days and I keep getting an error message that Family Search is busy, try again in an hour.  I’ve never had this happen before, especially for two days running.  Anyone know what seems to be the problem?

                                    S Douglas Cline

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Mar 18, 2014
                                      Whenever I have problems of that nature, I try to open FamilySearch
                                      directly, sign in, and work directly with Family Tree. Usually the
                                      site is down for one reason or another.

                                      I checked and have no problems accessing Family Tree with either AQ or
                                      directly.

                                      If you can access Family Tree directly, but not with AQ, make sure you
                                      have the latest version (14) and build 19).

                                      Tom

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Mar 18, 2014
                                        The error message that appears suggests that the interface is loaded
                                        down. It most commonly takes place on Sunday when the system is most
                                        widely used. Otherwise, you just have to be patient and allow the
                                        system to continue to retry. As long as it retries, it is working.

                                        The other problem can be your ISP response time or even the loading of
                                        your own computer system. If it is running slow (for a variety of
                                        reasons), that can affect performance, as well.

                                        I am running the update right now and not seeing any problems -- a
                                        couple of retries, but they were momentary. I am running with all
                                        options checked, including Verify Local IDs, which slows the system
                                        down somewhat, but does a more thorough job of checking the IDs in AQ
                                        against the IDs in Family Tree.

                                        Tom

                                        On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 12:51:21 -0600, you wrote:

                                        >I have been trying to Update Temple Ordinances for the last two days and I
                                        >keep getting an error message that Family Search is busy, try again in an
                                        >hour. I've never had this happen before, especially for two days running.
                                        >Anyone know what seems to be the problem?
                                        >

                                        >S Douglas Cline

                                      • S Douglas Cline
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Mar 18, 2014

                                          Thanks Tom,

                                          However, I found that it was hanging up on certain individuals.  In checking further, I discover that it was having trouble when it went past a person with a birthday before 1500.  Obviously FS was not trying to update these people as ordinances are already done or don’t qualify because of their birth date, but nonetheless, when going through the names it was hanging on these.  So I selected in Advanced Search only the RINS which had birthdates greater than 1500 and everything worked as it should have.

                                          I don’t know why this was hanging up in Family Search, but that was the solution I found.

                                          S Douglas Cline

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Mar 18, 2014
                                            This is likely due to Church policy regarding individuals whose birth
                                            occur before 1500. At this point in time, members are no longer
                                            _permitted_, except under approval by the brethren, to do work for
                                            persons born before 1500. The policy was established several years ago
                                            to stop the introduction of "unproven" data into the system and all
                                            such persons are now handled by a unique group within the Family
                                            History department -- staffed largely by missionaries trained in
                                            researching these people.

                                            There is an exception to this rule, but it applies only the Far East
                                            Asian families, where records extend back over 2,000 years. In Europe,
                                            however, any connections are no longer made and while you can update
                                            your own records with information from the system, you cannot update
                                            the records in Family Tree.

                                            The problem, of course, is the fact that during the medeval time
                                            frame, couples had to "prove" that they were no related up to thriteen
                                            generations back (rediculous, I know) or they could not be married. In
                                            addition, rules regarding legitimate claims to thrones required
                                            "proven" genealogies. The creation of false "patents of nobility" was
                                            more than just fiction in "A Knights Tale" -- it really happened,
                                            along with the introduction of religious artifacts that were
                                            manufactured and sold to unsuspecting buyers. Fortunately, the rules
                                            regarding relationships were quickly modified until today, it is legal
                                            for second cousins to marry.

                                            The source for this information about marriages is from my independent
                                            studies of life in medieval Europe for stories I was writing
                                            (currently, unpublished).

                                            Tom

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Mar 18, 2014

                                              You may want to modify ORTS to bypass any persons born before 1500 to
                                              prevent hangups of this nature. You may want to display a message
                                              regarding obtaining ordinance data for such individuals via Family
                                              Tree or the older Ancestral File system (available through Family
                                              History Center computers).