Re: [AQ_NFS] Ordinance Reservation and Tracking

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12, 2009
      Jerry:

      You've touched on a gray area.

      Historically, both the AQ and PAF databases have recorded only the
      Baptism, Endowment, Seal to Parent and Seal to Spouse. The new
      FamilySearch system is now showing the Confirmation and Initiatory. I
      can see that some users will start wanting to update these additional
      two ordinances in their AQ or PAF files, but I expect that many will
      not. When we designed the auto update feature, we decided to err on the
      side of not putting information into the file that hasn't traditionally
      been there.

      Maybe AQ needs a new preference setting to allow the user to decide
      whether to have AQ handle these two new ordinance fields? Be aware that
      neither the PAF nor the AQ database currently has a "native" field for
      storing these two ordinances. They will be stored as "Other Events".
      There is no special handling of these two other events once added to the
      database. So if you add them, and later print certain reports, these
      will show with "Other Events" even if you don't want to show LDS data on
      the report. This is another issue we'll need to address soon -- handling
      these two particular other events in a different manner. For now, I
      think most LDS users will not store these two ordinance types, as they
      historically have not, and they present some sticky side issues at present.

      Gaylon

      Jerry Taylor wrote:
      > Yesterday I did Iniatories. I went into the Ordinance Reservation and Tracking Screen on AQ. I tried the Update Local Button and the Update All Local button. Neither worked. The only way I could update my records was to review each individual and update them there.
      >
      > Am I missing some setting or something else to get this feature to work?
      >
      > The Update Local did work on a Sealing to Parent. But the date did have an Asterisk by it whereas the iniatory dates did not.
      >
      > Jerry

    • Jerry Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 12, 2009
        Gaylon: Maybe it would help if the Help display for the update buttons were to more clearly indicate that the confirmation and Iniatory fields are not available for the update option. At least I do not remember seeing any qualifiers on the help screen that I looked at.

        Also, the ordinance screen would be more useful if there were an option to sort by the various fields. At least the name and date fields.

        Jerry