moving local ordinances to temple system ???

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 28
      In the following section of "Help" my read suggests that you can change ordinances when what is in the local file is more correct than what is in the temple system. I have tried these directions, but I cannot see any way of moving data for ordinances from local to the temple system. (The record I am trying to update was reserved by someone else.) Is this something for the future or can it actually be done now.

      3) If you find that the temple records are more up-to-date than your local records, use the Review or Ordinances buttons to bring your records up-to-date. If you are certain that ordinances were done, but the temple system shows that the ordinances are “Ready”, use the “Review” screen to upload the ordinance information from your records into the temple system.

      Cleadie B
    • mkitchen@juno.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 28
        At one time, you could upload into the ordinance fields of new.familysearch.org. It would show as "completed" but not show any temple name or dates. That was because many of the ordinances were not yet uploaded and it gave a chance for members who knew the ordinances were done to indicate that.

        I think that ability has been removed. If I am mistaken, the directions you quoted does say that you can move into FS if the ordinance is "ready" but it does not say that it is possible if the ordinance indicates either reserved or done.

        Gaylon can probably give a definitive answer.

        Merlin Kitchen

        Please note: message attached

        From: Cleadie B <cleadieb@...>
        To: "AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com" <AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [AQ_NFS] moving local ordinances to temple system ???
        Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 07:04:02 -0800 (PST)

        #1 Trick to FIGHT diabetes
        Discover odd herbs & spices proven to NATURALLY fight diabetes
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/52e7c956137c9495550acst01vuc

      • Dale McIntyre
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 28
          Cleadie

          Try calling 866-406-1830. Tell them about the documents which support your ordinance dates and places. I don't think The Temple system can be updated by the public.

          Dale

          Link to my blog, AQWillDo, then Follow, for help on using Ancestral Quest genealogical software.  There is no charge.  Unsubscribe at any time.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 28
            Cleadie:

            It looks like we missed updating this in the help file. Thanks for pointing it out, so we can correct the help.

            Until the end of last June, AQ allowed you to send ordinance data to NFS. The temple system immediately then incorporated that information as an 'unofficial' update, but it would cause the ordinance to become "Completed." When AQ was altered to update Family Tree rather than nFS, this capability was removed, as Family Tree does not accept updates to temple data.

            Your only recourse now to updating temple information is to call or e-mail the FamilySearch support folks and review the situation with them. They would have to make the change.

            From: Cleadie B <cleadieb@...>
            To: "AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com" <AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com>
            Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 07:04:02 -0800 (PST)

            #1 Trick to FIGHT diabetes
            Discover odd herbs & spices proven to NATURALLY fight diabetes
            http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/52e7c956137c9495550acst01vuc

            Yahoo Groups Links
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 28
              Thanks Gaylon (and others).

              I have about a dozen or more with this problem, so will have to do some digging to prove my dates are actually the correct dates.

              Cleadie B

              From: Cleadie B <cleadieb@...>
              To: "AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com" <AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 07:04:02 -0800 (PST)

              #1 Trick to FIGHT diabetes
              Discover odd herbs & spices proven to NATURALLY fight diabetes
              http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/52e7c956137c9495550acst01vuc

              Yahoo Groups Links

            • Bob Penry
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 28
                The tree was designed to prevent people from arbitrarily uploading ordinance data.  Ordinance data must exist in the Tree – you can’t move a date or temple code into a blank area.  This would be chaotic.  Usually, the reason you would have ordinance data in your local file, but not in the tree is because:
                    a.  You need to do some combining of records in the tree that will capture ordinance information, or..
                    b.  A bad combine had been done that loaded ordinances and the bad combine has since been fixed.

                In other words, if you have data in your file and combining doesn’t update ordinance data in the tree, you need to delete the data from your file and submit the name for ordinance work.  If you have a slip in your possession or someone else you collaborate with has proof that the work was completed, you can contact the Family History Department for assistance in getting the issue resolved.

                I have found individuals whom I thought had their work done, but had not because of bad combines.  This is why comparing your data with that in the tree is so imperative.  Never assume that just because your AQ file says the work was done, that it really was.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 29
                  Yes, bad combines (in nFS) and in FSFT (Family Tree) will often result
                  in incorrect or bad temple ordinance data. When records are split in
                  nFS, before AQ was tied solidly to FSFT, you could pick up wrong dates
                  when you updated your records.

                  In one instance, someone who did not leave any contact information in
                  FSFT, deleted the people in my family with only the word "incorrect"
                  for the reason. AQ caught it when I did a pass to Update Ordinances in
                  ORTS and I found what had happened. Thanks to FSFT being able to
                  restore the people, I was able to correct the problem. I added source
                  information indicating that these were real people who were members of
                  the family. Along with restoring the two deleted individuals, all the
                  ordinances and relationships were also restored.

                  Getting back to temple data, It helps to retain evidence of work that
                  has been done earlier that is no longer part of the FSFT system. When
                  I run across incorrect data, I open a ticket in FamilySearch about the
                  problem, indicating that I have a photocopy of either the TIB or FGS
                  with the dates the ordinance was performed.

                  This gets forwarded to a department that was known as Data Quality
                  while I was serving a mission in the Family and Church History Mission
                  a few years ago, and they handled the situation.

                  The key is to have evidence of the work being completed. With respect
                  to work done afterwards, when the Individual and Marriage Entries were
                  being used, if you can't access the old Ancestral File system that was
                  used to check for completed work at FHCs, I'm not sure what can be
                  done.

                  I do know that some FSFT records have pull down options for individual
                  ordinances where you can select the appropriate date, but that only
                  exists if there has been more than one set of ordinances completed.
                  Usually, the earliest ordinance is the one displayed.

                  Another item to note, particularly if you have pioneer ancestors that
                  lived in the settlements during the United Order times. I researched
                  with an Elder during his training and found that many had been
                  excomunicated and rebaptized. The latest baptism date is the one that
                  needs to be used in those instances. If you run across a record of a
                  pioneer ancester and it is locked, you may have to research the films
                  in the FHL in SL (it is restricted to temple recommend holders only)
                  to read through the ward / branch records of the time to see if they
                  were ever rebaptized after being excommunicated. It is an interesting
                  aspect for members who are validating their ancestor's work.

                  Tom