Reserve Ordinances/Create Batches

  • register
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 10, 2009
      It would be a great help if the screen 'Reserve Ordinances/Create Batches'
      would present the names in alpha or even RIN order. Currently it is
      difficult to find anyone on the list.

    • register
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 14, 2009
        I am trying to find a strategy to keep my records consistent with FS as
        information is gathered and updated by myself and others. There is an
        option under the FamilySearch pulldown to check for changes. Gaylon, if you
        are monitoring this, the terms 'updates', 'changed', updated, etc. appear to
        be used interchangeably in the various windows, menus and help screens.
        Consistency would avoid confusion - at least I am confused.

        If I check for 'changes' I expect that I am looking for changes that have
        been made to FS since I last synced. Is that correct? Or is it also
        looking for changes that I have made in my local database since I last
        synced?

        If this checking is looking only at changes made to FS that works on one
        direction. I can generate a report for changes that I have made in my local
        database following any date I define so that works for the other direction
        if I can remember when I last generated this report.

        As I reach my objective of having my entire database synchronized, including
        parents and siblings, a great period of time will have passed and I really
        don't want to have to start at the beginning again. On the other hand,
        maybe I should not care, but then I would lose the opportunity to
        collaborate.

        Help is needed here.

      • register
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 15, 2009
          Help.

          I have made many reservations in the past and am now running into a problem.
          The person has Baptism completed. Other ordinances are 'ready'. I checked
          in FS directly and the same is true.

          I click 'ready' , I 'reserve', I agree to the church policies.

          Now when I am returned to the 'Reserve Ordinances'Create Batches' screen the
          ordinances have not been reserved. I have tried several times, I have shut
          down AQ and then opened and tried again.

          Any ideas?

        • register
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 24, 2009
            I see that AQ ,when comparing ordinances from the temple reservation system,
            uses an expanded temple name. For example SEATT becomes Seattle Washington
            Temple. Is this the new look and standard of FS? Is there an option
            whereby AQ will make all of the conversions for me?