RE: [AQ_NFS] August 2009 program release of nFS

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 10, 2009
      I tried to reserve a couple (husband and wife). Yesterday AQ kept crashing
      when I tried to add a new person to my reserve list. I got past that this
      morning, but I was unable to get through the "check for duplicates".

      Then I went directly to nFS to see how that would work, and I was able to
      reserve them there. I hope that means that progress is being made. :-)

      /Gunilla

      _____

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 10, 2009
        It would be a great help if the screen 'Reserve Ordinances/Create Batches'
        would present the names in alpha or even RIN order. Currently it is
        difficult to find anyone on the list.

      • register
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 14, 2009
          I am trying to find a strategy to keep my records consistent with FS as
          information is gathered and updated by myself and others. There is an
          option under the FamilySearch pulldown to check for changes. Gaylon, if you
          are monitoring this, the terms 'updates', 'changed', updated, etc. appear to
          be used interchangeably in the various windows, menus and help screens.
          Consistency would avoid confusion - at least I am confused.

          If I check for 'changes' I expect that I am looking for changes that have
          been made to FS since I last synced. Is that correct? Or is it also
          looking for changes that I have made in my local database since I last
          synced?

          If this checking is looking only at changes made to FS that works on one
          direction. I can generate a report for changes that I have made in my local
          database following any date I define so that works for the other direction
          if I can remember when I last generated this report.

          As I reach my objective of having my entire database synchronized, including
          parents and siblings, a great period of time will have passed and I really
          don't want to have to start at the beginning again. On the other hand,
          maybe I should not care, but then I would lose the opportunity to
          collaborate.

          Help is needed here.

        • register
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 15, 2009
            Help.

            I have made many reservations in the past and am now running into a problem.
            The person has Baptism completed. Other ordinances are 'ready'. I checked
            in FS directly and the same is true.

            I click 'ready' , I 'reserve', I agree to the church policies.

            Now when I am returned to the 'Reserve Ordinances'Create Batches' screen the
            ordinances have not been reserved. I have tried several times, I have shut
            down AQ and then opened and tried again.

            Any ideas?

          • register
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 24, 2009
              I see that AQ ,when comparing ordinances from the temple reservation system,
              uses an expanded temple name. For example SEATT becomes Seattle Washington
              Temple. Is this the new look and standard of FS? Is there an option
              whereby AQ will make all of the conversions for me?