Familyt Search web site links

  • Jerry Barrett
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2013
      Did the FamilySearch web site links change? I used to go tot FamilySearch , now I get this string:

      Taylorsville, UT
      14.00.16

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 17, 2013
        Jerry:

        Our server is undergoing maintenance at the moment. We hope to have it back up very soon.

        While it is down, some searches initiated from AQ will not work as expected. Because FamilySearch changes the way their searches are handled from time to time, AQ does not directly issue calls to FamilySearch or to Ancestry.com. Rather it sends information to the AQ server, which then finishes preparing the search. This way, if Ancestry.com or FamilySearch.org change the way their searches are formatted, we can have the server make adjustments. Unfortunately, this means that when our server undergoes maintenance, the searches are out of commission until the server is back online.

        Gaylon

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 18, 2013
          Thanks Gaylon, I saw the note earlier about maintenance - just didn't realize the impact.

          I appreciate all that you and your team do.