Re: [AQ_NFS] Failed to update Sub date

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2013
      I just reserved (only) two names for temple work for myself. In
      checking the names, they show Sub 3 Oct 2013 in all fields (including
      the sealings to both parents and spouse) on the AQ side and Reserved
      on the FT side. No FOR has been printed at this point. In FT, all the
      fields (including the sealings) show "Not Printed" and "Reserved by
      Tom Huber". This is as it should be, so I'm not sure what you are
      seeing.

      You may want to try rebuilding your AQ database if you are still
      seeing a discrepancy. I was doing some checking for other quirks and
      had just rebuilt the AQ database before reserving the names and
      ordinances.

      Tom

      On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 20:30:59 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

      >Tom, I totally am lost on the reply you posted.  Why would you presume things if I clearly stated that I only reserved the names?
      >No FOR was printed and No names where assigned to the temple.
      >

      >________________________________

    • ghfindlay
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 11, 2013
        Let me provide an explanation for what you are seeing.

        After AQ finishes reserving the ordinances in FamilySearch, it then attempts to update your file with the new ordinance information.

        For individual ordinances such as Baptism and Endowment, there is never any question, so these are always updated.

        However, AQ will only update sealing ordinances when it is sure that it is updating the proper relationship.

        If you have first matched and linked the spouse or parents of a person to the corresponding records in Family Tree, and then you reserve a sealing ordinance between the person and his spouse or parents, then the sealing field in AQ will be updated as you expect, with "Sub DD MMM YYYY". However, if you reserve a sealing for a different spouse, or to different parents, AQ will not put erroneous sealing information into your file.

        Similarly, if you have not yet linked the spouse or parents, yet you reserve a sealing ordinance, AQ will not update your file, because it can't be sure of which relationship is being affected.

        Bottom line:

        If a sealing is reserved, and you have properly linked all parties to the relationship, then AQ will record the ordinance information in your file. If you have note properly linked all parties to the relationship, AQ will not record the ordinance information in your file.

        Gaylon

        --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, Peter <peters_genealogy@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > just reserved several families for temple ordinances and noticed that all the Baptism and Endowment date fields are properly marked as "Sub 26 Sep 2013"
        > However all the reserved sealings have not been updated.  Right click on each reserved name and selecting the "Review with FamilySearch" option brings up the FT ordinances and all show "Reserved" as it supposed to do.
        >
        > AQ however failed to update the sealing date fields with  "Sub 26 Sep 2013"
        > Anybody else see the same thing?
        >

        >  Peter

      • Peter
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 11, 2013
          Thanks Gaylon, that makes sense.  I might not like it, but I can understand why a computer program does not presume there is a relationship if it has (through syncing) been told there is one.

          So if I understand correctly the way around this is either sync the records, or when updating don't click on  "Update all" and manually put check marks one by one in all the proper sealing ordinance fields to have them update my own data.

          Appreciate you taking time to answer.
          Thank you very much.

          Peter