Check for changes

  • Jerry Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2009
      Hello Group:
      Does anyone know where AQ stores the information on the local AQ file that "Check for Changes" looks at to determine if there has been a change or not?

      Reason for the question is that yesterday I backed up my C drive and remove "Temporary" files. This morning when I went into "Check for Changes" all of my synced individuals indicates a change has been made. I suspect then that AQ stores the data to match on a temporary file instead of with the AQ data Base.

      If this is not the reason then something must have changed on the NFS side of the match.

      Jerry

    • leslie_billings
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2009
        I have just run the Check for Changes on my database, and it tells me that i have 5977 differences between AQ and NFS. I know that NFS was down this morning when i tried it, and i presume that this was due to the church implementing changes to the system, probably the bits that they have been beta testing for the last few weeks.

        Gaylon, is there anyway to reset it, so that ii returns back to normal? otherwise it will take me almost "forever" to work my way thru them all.

        Regards
        Les

        --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Taylor" <jgtaylor53@...> wrote:

        > Hello Group:
        > Does anyone know where AQ stores the information on the local AQ file that "Check for Changes" looks at to determine if there has been a change or not?
        >
        > Reason for the question is that yesterday I backed up my C drive and remove "Temporary" files. This morning when I went into "Check for Changes" all of my synced individuals indicates a change has been made. I suspect then that AQ stores the data to match on a temporary file instead of with the AQ data Base.
        >
        > If this is not the reason then something must have changed on the NFS side of the match.
        >
        > Jerry

      • Jerry Taylor
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 9, 2009
          I just learned from a family I home teach that in the last day or so the Temple Ordinance Tab has changed to reflect some of the information that was in Labs.Family Search. In other words it was changed recently. So since Leslie has incurred the same problem that I described with Check for Changes I strongly suspect that the NFS data base was changed/updated overnite and hence caused the synced individuals to indicate a change was made for all of them. What appears to be needed is a way to mark a number or all of the individuals in the Check for Changes as having been reviewed without having to highlite each one and clicking on the Mark as Reviewed button. That is very time consuming as Leslie pointed out.

          Jerry