Re: [AQ_NFS] Review of Ancestral Quest - not happy

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 22, 2013
      Thanks Gaylon,  reducing the font size for all the OS and programs would go to far.
      But the XP scaling fixed the problem.
      Thanks for your prompt reply.
      Sincerely
      Peter

      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 22, 2013
        Hi all,
        when in Ordinance reserve and tracking and going to Manage Batches there is nothing showing yet because I never used AQ to actually submit names.
        My questions and observations:

        Is it possible and how do I add a previous submitted FOR?

        Can I add an FOR for other people.  ie; I submitted names from my data under my sisters name.

        When reconciling, the program does not show any progress. There is no indicator of what the program is doing.  And after almost 30 minutes I attempted to close the Manage Submitted Batches window and AQ crashed.

        Thank you,
        Peter

      • Peter
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 22, 2013
          Sorry Gaylon, I spoke too soon.  XP scaling caused several other programs to open so small that their menus are impossible to read

          Peter

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 22, 2013
            If you have never used this freature before, than you will need to try
            the reconcile option. If your user name is attached to FORs than it
            will populate your people in the batcj screen. If you have a lot of
            FOR s that you have submitted as I did, it may take a while for it to
            load them all. Once they have been loaded subsequent runs will not
            take as long, but I had over 1000 names submitted and it took a while
            to load them all.

            On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:35:56 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

            >Hi all,
            >when in Ordinance reserve and tracking and going to Manage Batches there is nothing showing yet because I never used AQ to actually submit names.
            >My questions and observations:
            >
            >Is it possible and how do I add a previous submitted FOR?
            >
            >Can I add an FOR for other people.  ie; I submitted names from my data under my sisters name.
            >
            >When reconciling, the program does not show any progress. There is no indicator of what the program is doing.  And after almost 30 minutes I attempted to close the Manage Submitted Batches window and AQ crashed.
            >

            >Thank you,
            >Peter

          • Terry Smith
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 22, 2013
              AQ will not stop when sorting this index even though there is a cancel
              option available. I have noted this problem before, and is still not
              fixed.
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 22, 2013
                Make sure you have the latest build of AQ14. AQ12 works only with nFS
                and will no longer work properly, so if you do not have AQ14, build
                13, you will need to update your copy of AQ.

                XP can cause problems with some windows. You'll have to expand them if
                at all possible and then you should be fine.

                Tom

              • Peter
                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 23, 2013
                  Hi Terry,  yes you are right it worked.
                  Tried the reconcile option last night again but had to shut down the system because of lightning. So this morning did it again and after 4 hours we came home and AQ had added all the temple submission batches.
                  What a wonderful tool this is. When reviewing the names we can see all the people that have individual ordinances completed but it also shows their missing ordinances.

                  Mostly missing SP and SS sealings in my case.

                  My complements to Gaylon and his team. This is a great tool to find closely related people in your data who are still missing ordinances.

                  Thank you Gaylon and team for this very easy to use  part of AQ

                  Peter

                  ________________________________
                  If you have never used this freature before, than you will need to try
                  the reconcile option. If your user name is attached to FORs than it
                  will populate your people in the batcj screen. If you have a lot of
                  FOR s that you have submitted as I did, it may take a while for it to
                  load them all. Once they have been loaded subsequent runs will not
                  take as long, but I had over 1000 names submitted and it took a while
                  to load them all.

                  On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:35:56 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

                  >Hi all,
                  >when in Ordinance reserve and tracking and going to Manage Batches there is nothing showing yet because I never used AQ to actually submit names.
                  >My questions and observations:
                  >
                  >Is it possible and how do I add a previous submitted FOR?
                  >
                  >Can I add an FOR for other people.  ie; I submitted names from my data under my sisters name.
                  >
                  >When reconciling, the program does not show any progress. There is no indicator of what the program is doing.  And after almost 30 minutes I attempted to close the Manage Submitted Batches window and AQ crashed.
                  >

                  >Thank you,
                  >Peter

                • Terry Smith
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 23, 2013
                    Hi Peter...

                    Go to the temple and perform some of those sealings.... then when you
                    get home after the temple is closed and has posted your work.

                    From the batches screen select update all. AQ qill go out and find
                    all the ordinances that were performed that day, and you can then
                    Update them one by one you will see that it automates the process
                    completly. The only hardship is that if you turn them over to the
                    temple, it sometimes takes forever to get the work performed. Even
                    with so many temples it seems the work is still up to you. So go
                    often to the temple and you can see the work move forward.

                    --- Terry

                    On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:32:34 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

                    >Hi Terry,  yes you are right it worked.
                    >Tried the reconcile option last night again but had to shut down the system because of lightning. So this morning did it again and after 4 hours we came home and AQ had added all the temple submission batches.
                    >What a wonderful tool this is. When reviewing the names we can see all the people that have individual ordinances completed but it also shows their missing ordinances.
                    >
                    >Mostly missing SP and SS sealings in my case.
                    >
                    >My complements to Gaylon and his team. This is a great tool to find closely related people in your data who are still missing ordinances.
                    >
                    >Thank you Gaylon and team for this very easy to use  part of AQ
                    >

                    >Peter
                    >

                    >________________________________

                  • Peter
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 23, 2013
                      Thanks Terry, we have done that quite a bit already.  Just last month with some of my
                      grandkids.  It was the first time for my granddaughter.

                      Being an convert I have submitted a lot of my names to temple file, there are just way to many for me and my family to do.
                      They get done relatively fast. Just male names can take up to three years for endowments. But that is OK as long as they get done.  I figure they will make it happen from behind the veil if they want it bad enough.

                      Thanks again for your help with working the batch updater.

                      Peter

                      Go to the temple and perform some of those sealings.... then when you
                      get home after the temple is closed and has posted your work.

                      From the batches screen select update all. AQ qill go out and find