Re: [AQ_NFS] Review of Ancestral Quest - not happy

    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 22 11:09 AM
      Terry:

      The color options of AQ -- whether the "skins" or your own custom settings -- are only intended for the Pedigree and Family Views. The other views are mostly like a piece of paper -- black text on a white background, sometimes with bits of color that have specific meanings. There are no current plans for customizing colors for these other views. (However, for the Individual Summary view, there are some font color options that are not related to these other color schemes.)

      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 22 12:56 PM
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 22 1:16 PM
          Peter,

          The color choices are on the general tab of the preferences window -

          When you click on the preferences tab, what is the last thing you see at the
          lower left hand side?

          Have you tried moving the preferences window?

          What resolution are you using, and I will try and duplicate you situation and
          see if there is a workaround.

          Jerry B.

          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 22 1:35 PM
            Peter:

            With certain combinations of monitor resolutions, this can happen.

            Here's what you need to do:

            1) Right-Click anywhere on the desktop of your Windows to bring up a menu.
            2) From the menu, select "Personalize"
            3) Find the option that will allow you to "Adjust Font Size (DPI)"
            4) When you get to the screen that lets you adjust font size, I think you will find that your font is larger than the "normal", which is 96 DPI. You can make adjustments in one of two ways to fix this screen in AQ:
            a) You can adjust your font size down to 96 DPI. This will affect how big things appear on your machine for everything you do. You may like this, and you may not.
            b) You can click the box to "Use Windows XP style DPI scaling". This checkbox might be on the screen you are on, or you might have to click an 'Advanced' or 'Custom' button to find this option.

            If you're using a larger than normal font, by using the "Windows XP" type of scaling, this problem should go away.

            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 22 1:41 PM
              Thanks Jerry,  my replies inserted;

              -The color choices are on the general tab of the preferences window -
              Nope not for me.

              -When you click on the preferences tab, what is the last thing you see at the
              -lower left hand side?

              The U.S. and European date entry options.

              -Have you tried moving the preferences window?
              Just moving it won't make a difference.   Also no arrows appear at the border of the window to enlarge.

              -What resolution are you using, and I will try and duplicate you situation and
              -see if there is a workaround.
              1920x1080 on the 24" and 1280x1024 on the 19"   Moving the program over to the 19" monitor does not make a difference in what is displayed on the preferences window.
              Thanks for your quick reply.
              Peter

              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 22 1:55 PM
                Peter:

                I just realized that I should have pointed you to one of the FAQS on our website that address this issue:

                http://www.ancquest.com/faqs.htm#TechSearchColumn

                If my instructions were not as easy to follow as I would have hoped, try the above link.

                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 22 1:56 PM
                  Thanks Gaylon,  reducing the font size for all the OS and programs would go to far.
                  But the XP scaling fixed the problem.
                  Thanks for your prompt reply.
                  Sincerely

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 22 2:35 PM
                    Hi all,
                    when in Ordinance reserve and tracking and going to Manage Batches there is nothing showing yet because I never used AQ to actually submit names.
                    My questions and observations:

                    Is it possible and how do I add a previous submitted FOR?

                    Can I add an FOR for other people.  ie; I submitted names from my data under my sisters name.

                    When reconciling, the program does not show any progress. There is no indicator of what the program is doing.  And after almost 30 minutes I attempted to close the Manage Submitted Batches window and AQ crashed.

                    Thank you,
                    Peter

                  • Peter
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 22 3:20 PM
                      Sorry Gaylon, I spoke too soon.  XP scaling caused several other programs to open so small that their menus are impossible to read

                      Peter

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jul 22 5:05 PM
                        If you have never used this freature before, than you will need to try
                        the reconcile option. If your user name is attached to FORs than it
                        will populate your people in the batcj screen. If you have a lot of
                        FOR s that you have submitted as I did, it may take a while for it to
                        load them all. Once they have been loaded subsequent runs will not
                        take as long, but I had over 1000 names submitted and it took a while
                        to load them all.

                        On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:35:56 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

                        >Hi all,
                        >when in Ordinance reserve and tracking and going to Manage Batches there is nothing showing yet because I never used AQ to actually submit names.
                        >My questions and observations:
                        >
                        >Is it possible and how do I add a previous submitted FOR?
                        >
                        >Can I add an FOR for other people.  ie; I submitted names from my data under my sisters name.
                        >
                        >When reconciling, the program does not show any progress. There is no indicator of what the program is doing.  And after almost 30 minutes I attempted to close the Manage Submitted Batches window and AQ crashed.
                        >

                        >Thank you,
                        >Peter

                      • Terry Smith
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jul 22 8:01 PM
                          AQ will not stop when sorting this index even though there is a cancel
                          option available. I have noted this problem before, and is still not
                          fixed.
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jul 22 10:44 PM
                            Make sure you have the latest build of AQ14. AQ12 works only with nFS
                            and will no longer work properly, so if you do not have AQ14, build
                            13, you will need to update your copy of AQ.

                            XP can cause problems with some windows. You'll have to expand them if
                            at all possible and then you should be fine.

                            Tom

                          • Peter
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jul 23 11:32 AM
                              Hi Terry,  yes you are right it worked.
                              Tried the reconcile option last night again but had to shut down the system because of lightning. So this morning did it again and after 4 hours we came home and AQ had added all the temple submission batches.
                              What a wonderful tool this is. When reviewing the names we can see all the people that have individual ordinances completed but it also shows their missing ordinances.

                              Mostly missing SP and SS sealings in my case.

                              My complements to Gaylon and his team. This is a great tool to find closely related people in your data who are still missing ordinances.

                              Thank you Gaylon and team for this very easy to use  part of AQ

                              Peter

                              ________________________________
                              If you have never used this freature before, than you will need to try
                              the reconcile option. If your user name is attached to FORs than it
                              will populate your people in the batcj screen. If you have a lot of
                              FOR s that you have submitted as I did, it may take a while for it to
                              load them all. Once they have been loaded subsequent runs will not
                              take as long, but I had over 1000 names submitted and it took a while
                              to load them all.

                              On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:35:56 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

                              >Hi all,
                              >when in Ordinance reserve and tracking and going to Manage Batches there is nothing showing yet because I never used AQ to actually submit names.
                              >My questions and observations:
                              >
                              >Is it possible and how do I add a previous submitted FOR?
                              >
                              >Can I add an FOR for other people.  ie; I submitted names from my data under my sisters name.
                              >
                              >When reconciling, the program does not show any progress. There is no indicator of what the program is doing.  And after almost 30 minutes I attempted to close the Manage Submitted Batches window and AQ crashed.
                              >

                              >Thank you,
                              >Peter

                            • Terry Smith
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jul 23 2:18 PM
                                Hi Peter...

                                Go to the temple and perform some of those sealings.... then when you
                                get home after the temple is closed and has posted your work.

                                From the batches screen select update all. AQ qill go out and find
                                all the ordinances that were performed that day, and you can then
                                Update them one by one you will see that it automates the process
                                completly. The only hardship is that if you turn them over to the
                                temple, it sometimes takes forever to get the work performed. Even
                                with so many temples it seems the work is still up to you. So go
                                often to the temple and you can see the work move forward.

                                --- Terry

                                On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:32:34 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

                                >Hi Terry,  yes you are right it worked.
                                >Tried the reconcile option last night again but had to shut down the system because of lightning. So this morning did it again and after 4 hours we came home and AQ had added all the temple submission batches.
                                >What a wonderful tool this is. When reviewing the names we can see all the people that have individual ordinances completed but it also shows their missing ordinances.
                                >
                                >Mostly missing SP and SS sealings in my case.
                                >
                                >My complements to Gaylon and his team. This is a great tool to find closely related people in your data who are still missing ordinances.
                                >
                                >Thank you Gaylon and team for this very easy to use  part of AQ
                                >

                                >Peter
                                >

                                >________________________________

                              • Peter
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jul 23 4:23 PM
                                  Thanks Terry, we have done that quite a bit already.  Just last month with some of my
                                  grandkids.  It was the first time for my granddaughter.

                                  Being an convert I have submitted a lot of my names to temple file, there are just way to many for me and my family to do.
                                  They get done relatively fast. Just male names can take up to three years for endowments. But that is OK as long as they get done.  I figure they will make it happen from behind the veil if they want it bad enough.

                                  Thanks again for your help with working the batch updater.

                                  Peter

                                  Go to the temple and perform some of those sealings.... then when you
                                  get home after the temple is closed and has posted your work.

                                  From the batches screen select update all. AQ qill go out and find