Re: [AQ_NFS] Temple Mode

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
      James:

      Just in case anyone on the group missed the announcement, let me not
      only answer your question, but give background.

      About 10 days ago, we released a new build of AQ 12.1 with some major
      new LDS features. AQ now has a "Helper" mode that will allow a FHC
      consultant to sign in to help someone else, and AQ now has a new LDS
      Temple "Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System", which allows you to:

      1) Easily check your ancestors ordinance codes against the official
      temple records
      2) If any ancestors are missing ordinances, then reserve the ordinances
      either for you to manage or for the temples to manage
      3) If you goof, unreserve ordinances
      4) Print FORs
      5) Reprint ordinance cards
      6) Assign ordinance cards to others. AQ has an inventory control system
      for these cards.
      7) Easily update your records with the official temple records once
      ordinances are performed.
      8) Enable a "Temple Mode" to make steps 1 and 2 easier

      To enable the Temple Mode, go to AQ's "FamilySearch" menu, click on
      "Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System", then select "Enable Temple
      Mode". Once this is enabled, then on both the Pedigree and Family view
      screens, each name will show a temple icon indicating whether the
      ordinances are all complete or whether some are ready to be done. You
      can simply click on the temple icon to access the official temple
      records to start the above process.

      And you can view an overview of this process here:

      http://www.ancestralquestonline.com/Tutorials/12-1ORTS/ORTS_Simple.html

      and see a written description of the process here:

      http://www.ancquest.com/downloads/Ordinance%20Reservation%20Overview.pdf

      Gaylon

      James Pitt wrote:
      > Hi Gaylon
      >
      > What is this "Temple Mode" and how do I switch it on ? It is all moving forward so fast I am
      > Kind Regards
      >
      > James Pitt
      > Lyndhurst Road
      > Amesbury
      > Wiltshire
      > SP4 7PG (33)
      > Tel: 01980 590876
      > Mbl: 07881 684839
      > Email: jim.pitt47@...

    • James Pitt
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
        Many thanks for that Gaylon. I can see I'll have to take a "Refresher" on the Tutorials.

        Kind Regards

        James Pitt
        Wiltshire
        England
        Email: jim.pitt47@...

        James Pitt wrote:
        > Hi Gaylon
        >
        > What is this "Temple Mode" and how do I switch it on ? It is all moving forward so fast I am
        > Kind Regards
        >
        > James Pitt
        > Lyndhurst Road
        > Amesbury
        > Wiltshire
        > SP4 7PG (33)
        > Tel: 01980 590876
        > Mbl: 07881 684839
        > Email: jim.pitt47@...

      • register
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
          Check out the tutorial on the temple ordinances. It is really good.

          Eric

          Email: jim.pitt47@ntlworld <mailto:jim.pitt47%40ntlworld.com> .com

          James Pitt wrote:
          > Hi Gaylon
          >
          > What is this "Temple Mode" and how do I switch it on ? It is all moving
          forward so fast I am
          > Kind Regards
          >
          > James Pitt
          > Lyndhurst Road
          > Amesbury
          > Wiltshire
          > SP4 7PG (33)
          > Tel: 01980 590876
          > Mbl: 07881 684839
          > Email: jim.pitt47@ntlworld <mailto:jim.pitt47%40ntlworld.com> .com

        • Stewart Millar
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 5, 2009
            I was hoping that the "Modification Date" was updated when I do a synch with
            nFS and the nFS ID is updated to AQ - this would allow me to review all
            those synched on a particular date/session.

            It seems that this is not the case ----- can it be clarified if the
            Modification Date is updated by any synchronisation action ---- and if not,
            I would suggest it would be most useful if it was.

            === Stewart Millar

          • Stewart Millar
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 5, 2009
              Further to my previous post -----

              On my last batch of synchronisation I was doing some experimenting with the
              "Automatic Synch" options ---- it would appear that those records I choose
              to synch with the automatic option have updated the Modification Date - but
              the ordinary synch-only option does not, even though it adds in the nFS ID.

              ==== Stewart Millar

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 30, 2009
                I think that would be good. The only other suggestion is a different color or symbol for living people but that would be too complicated.

                I think to have the indicator for living people is distracting as we are trying to locate folks who need us to do their work.

                Leslie