NFS updates to AQ

  • sm99923
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2013
      I have in the past carried out updates between AQ and nFS/FT in both
      directions - successfully.

      I have just tried to change an AQ Christening date and place with the FT
      date and place (date was the same but the place was slightly different) -
      taking care to select on the FT side the "Replace local event/fact" option.

      Completing the action with "Save" results in no update of the AQ record.

      Have tried several times with the same result - have not yet tried with any
      other event requiring a similar change from FT to AQ (not many differing
      examples).

      ===Stewart

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2013
        A further test to my original note shows:

        In attempting to update from FT to AQ - where there is no AQ entry for the
        event (in this case a Birth) - on the FT side - after selecting the event to
        download to AQ - the FT side has not activated the drop-down selection for
        the "sync options" to take on the AQ side for the selected birth entry -
        the "synch options" do appear for every other non-selected item on the FT
        side.

        So without any confirmation of what synch action might be taken on the AQ
        side - completing the operation with the Save button results in no
        update/transfer to the AQ data.

        ===Stewart

        From: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>
        Of
        William Knight
        Sent: 13 July 2013 12:40
        To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>

        ________________________________
        From: Gaylon Findlay <gfindlay@... <mailto:gfindlay%40ancquest.com>

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19, 2013
          The moved from nFS to FT has created a lot of opportunities for
          copying material from AQ to FT and from FT to AQ to simply not work. I
          strongly suggest that whenever anyone runs across situations like this
          that the following actions are taken before you decide that there is a
          problem in the code:

          1. Back up the AQ database.
          2. Run Check/Repair to make sure that the database is solid and has no
          internal problems. I have found, especially after an AQ crash, that
          the database needs to be repaired and that I have had to run the
          Check/Repair up to three times before all problems are "repaired".
          3. If you suspect problems with the database, then run check/repair
          and rebuild the database. This tends to take care of some really nasty
          problems that the normal check/repair either cannot resolve or miss.

          If the problem of updating/copying material from AQ to FT or from FT
          to AQ still persists, then make a backup of your AQ database. Note the
          AQ RIN and FT PID of the individual where the problem persists. Send
          both the backup (aqz) file and the particulars of the problem directly
          to Gaylon in an e-mail so that he can take a look at the problem and
          hopefully address it in the next AQ build. Gaylon's email is Gaylon
          Findlay <gfindlay@...>.

          He may not reply to your e-mail but trust me, he's working on a
          solution and right now, there are a lot of areas where he is
          addressing issue that are created/changed on the FT side of things. If
          he runs across a problem that he cannot resolve, he works with the
          Church to fix/address issues on the FT side of things.

          That's been my ongoing experience as we get closer to having a truly
          great means of using our personal AQ databases for putting things to
          gether and then updating the FT record in accord with scriptures from
          the Doctrine & Covenants.

          Tom

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19, 2013
            A case of "humble pie" is called for . . . I had not updated to build 13 . .
            . which removed the problems - horrible taste 'umble pie!

            ===Stewart

            From: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>
            <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>
            [mailto:AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>