Re: [AQ_NFS] FamilySearch ID updated

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 4 1:02 PM
      Sounds good.  Thanks Gaylon, for your prompt response.
      Will this PID change be logged in the txt file?

       Peter

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 4 2:39 PM
        Peter:

        Logging of the PID change to a text file has been mentioned. We'll keep it in mind, but for now, the only notice you get of this change is when the information box pops up.

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 4 2:45 PM
          Hi Gaylon, understood.  I mend after you have made the change in the program.

           Peter

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 4 9:27 PM
            When I was using the ordinance update feature, I left the box that says to include confirmation and initiatory checked. The system then added these ordinances for over 32,000 people.
            I didn’t think much of it until I wanted to make a book and these ordinances showed up. I didn’t want them included. I just wanted the baptism, endowment and sealings. I couldn’t find
            a way to eliminate them other than deleting the lines one at a time. I started doing so, and after a couple thousand lines and two days, decided that this wasn’t really getting me
            anywhere. Then I realized that the solution was there all the time. I went into edit event types, deleted the entries for confirmation and initiatory, replacing them with just a space.
            Guess what? These ordinances no longer appeared on my reports! This means that any event type that you don’t want displayed can be eliminated by deleting the default sentence
            and replacing it with a space. (you can always put the default structure back by choosing the default button)
            Perhaps my experience will be helpful to others who find themselves in a similar situation.