RE: [AQ_NFS] Temple Mode

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3 8:48 AM
      It doesn't matter at all for me. I don't usually work with the living in AQ
      anyway, and it doesn't bother me to see the temple icon there.

      If it does bother some people, maybe it would be nice to be able to turn it
      off for the living in preferences?

      /Gunilla

      _____

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3 9:06 AM
        Hi Gaylon

        What is this "Temple Mode" and how do I switch it on ? It is all moving forward so fast I am
        Kind Regards

        James Pitt
        Lyndhurst Road
        Amesbury
        Wiltshire
        SP4 7PG (33)
        Tel: 01980 590876
        Mbl: 07881 684839
        Email: jim.pitt47@...

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3 9:24 AM
          James:

          Just in case anyone on the group missed the announcement, let me not
          only answer your question, but give background.

          About 10 days ago, we released a new build of AQ 12.1 with some major
          new LDS features. AQ now has a "Helper" mode that will allow a FHC
          consultant to sign in to help someone else, and AQ now has a new LDS
          Temple "Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System", which allows you to:

          1) Easily check your ancestors ordinance codes against the official
          temple records
          2) If any ancestors are missing ordinances, then reserve the ordinances
          either for you to manage or for the temples to manage
          3) If you goof, unreserve ordinances
          4) Print FORs
          5) Reprint ordinance cards
          6) Assign ordinance cards to others. AQ has an inventory control system
          for these cards.
          7) Easily update your records with the official temple records once
          ordinances are performed.
          8) Enable a "Temple Mode" to make steps 1 and 2 easier

          To enable the Temple Mode, go to AQ's "FamilySearch" menu, click on
          "Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System", then select "Enable Temple
          Mode". Once this is enabled, then on both the Pedigree and Family view
          screens, each name will show a temple icon indicating whether the
          ordinances are all complete or whether some are ready to be done. You
          can simply click on the temple icon to access the official temple
          records to start the above process.

          And you can view an overview of this process here:

          http://www.ancestralquestonline.com/Tutorials/12-1ORTS/ORTS_Simple.html

          and see a written description of the process here:

          http://www.ancquest.com/downloads/Ordinance%20Reservation%20Overview.pdf

          Gaylon

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 3 9:35 AM
            Many thanks for that Gaylon. I can see I'll have to take a "Refresher" on the Tutorials.

            Kind Regards

            James Pitt
            Wiltshire
            England
            Email: jim.pitt47@...

            James Pitt wrote:
            > Hi Gaylon
            >
            > What is this "Temple Mode" and how do I switch it on ? It is all moving forward so fast I am
            > Kind Regards
            >
            > James Pitt
            > Lyndhurst Road
            > Amesbury
            > Wiltshire
            > SP4 7PG (33)
            > Tel: 01980 590876
            > Mbl: 07881 684839
            > Email: jim.pitt47@...

          • register
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 3 9:44 AM
              Check out the tutorial on the temple ordinances. It is really good.

              Eric

              Email: jim.pitt47@ntlworld <mailto:jim.pitt47%40ntlworld.com> .com

              James Pitt wrote:
              > Hi Gaylon
              >
              > What is this "Temple Mode" and how do I switch it on ? It is all moving
              forward so fast I am
              > Kind Regards
              >
              > James Pitt
              > Lyndhurst Road
              > Amesbury
              > Wiltshire
              > SP4 7PG (33)
              > Tel: 01980 590876
              > Mbl: 07881 684839
              > Email: jim.pitt47@ntlworld <mailto:jim.pitt47%40ntlworld.com> .com

            • Stewart Millar
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 5 5:14 PM
                I was hoping that the "Modification Date" was updated when I do a synch with
                nFS and the nFS ID is updated to AQ - this would allow me to review all
                those synched on a particular date/session.

                It seems that this is not the case ----- can it be clarified if the
                Modification Date is updated by any synchronisation action ---- and if not,
                I would suggest it would be most useful if it was.

                === Stewart Millar

              • Stewart Millar
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 5 5:25 PM
                  Further to my previous post -----

                  On my last batch of synchronisation I was doing some experimenting with the
                  "Automatic Synch" options ---- it would appear that those records I choose
                  to synch with the automatic option have updated the Modification Date - but
                  the ordinary synch-only option does not, even though it adds in the nFS ID.

                  ==== Stewart Millar

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 30 4:42 AM
                    I think that would be good. The only other suggestion is a different color or symbol for living people but that would be too complicated.

                    I think to have the indicator for living people is distracting as we are trying to locate folks who need us to do their work.

                    Leslie