FamilySearch ID updated

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 4, 2013
      Good morning and happy 4th to all.

      Question;  In "Update LDS Temple Ordinances" you can set the program to update ordinance dates automatically.
      However the notice "The FamilySearch ID for Firstname Lastname has been updated from AAAA-AAA to BBBB-BBB" keeps popping up while doing this.  And the updating pauses until you click the OK button.
      Can this be set to update the PID automatically?

      Peter

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 4, 2013
        Peter:

        When working with nFS, we only felt a need to update the PID under one specific situation, so when you got this message, it didn't seem bothersome. Because the new API dealing with Family Tree isn't as tolerant of older PIDs, AQ now updates the PID everytime it notices that it has changed, and just like before, it alerts you to the change. Apparently there are two processes -- Ordinance Update and Check for Changes -- that can stumble across a lot of these when you'd like to walk away from your computer and let the process finish, so several users have asked that AQ NOT alert them when the ID has changed, at least in these situations. We'll probably make a change to this in the next build.

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 4, 2013
          Sounds good.  Thanks Gaylon, for your prompt response.
          Will this PID change be logged in the txt file?

           Peter

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 4, 2013
            Hi again, Leslie,

            Did anybody else answer your question? My Internet provider has been down (I am LOST without it!!) and my email is ever so backed up. But, about your question, "Is there a way to show those that are not synched other than using the lack of a PID?" I am sorry, I do not have an answer for you.

            Sally

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 4, 2013
              Peter:

              Logging of the PID change to a text file has been mentioned. We'll keep it in mind, but for now, the only notice you get of this change is when the information box pops up.

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 4, 2013
                Hi Gaylon, understood.  I mend after you have made the change in the program.

                 Peter

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 4, 2013
                  When I was using the ordinance update feature, I left the box that says to include confirmation and initiatory checked. The system then added these ordinances for over 32,000 people.
                  I didn’t think much of it until I wanted to make a book and these ordinances showed up. I didn’t want them included. I just wanted the baptism, endowment and sealings. I couldn’t find
                  a way to eliminate them other than deleting the lines one at a time. I started doing so, and after a couple thousand lines and two days, decided that this wasn’t really getting me
                  anywhere. Then I realized that the solution was there all the time. I went into edit event types, deleted the entries for confirmation and initiatory, replacing them with just a space.
                  Guess what? These ordinances no longer appeared on my reports! This means that any event type that you don’t want displayed can be eliminated by deleting the default sentence
                  and replacing it with a space. (you can always put the default structure back by choosing the default button)
                  Perhaps my experience will be helpful to others who find themselves in a similar situation.