Re: [AQ_NFS] Temple Mode

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
      So, your vote is that when temple mode is turned on, to not show a
      temple indicator for living people at all? I just checked, and in NFS,
      no icon is shown for living people.

      Gaylon

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
        It doesn't matter at all for me. I don't usually work with the living in AQ
        anyway, and it doesn't bother me to see the temple icon there.

        If it does bother some people, maybe it would be nice to be able to turn it
        off for the living in preferences?

        /Gunilla

        _____

        Leslie Vaughn wrote:
        > I think it is a great suggestion.

      • James Pitt
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
          Hi Gaylon

          What is this "Temple Mode" and how do I switch it on ? It is all moving forward so fast I am
          Kind Regards

          James Pitt
          Lyndhurst Road
          Amesbury
          Wiltshire
          SP4 7PG (33)
          Tel: 01980 590876
          Mbl: 07881 684839
          Email: jim.pitt47@...

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
            James:

            Just in case anyone on the group missed the announcement, let me not
            only answer your question, but give background.

            About 10 days ago, we released a new build of AQ 12.1 with some major
            new LDS features. AQ now has a "Helper" mode that will allow a FHC
            consultant to sign in to help someone else, and AQ now has a new LDS
            Temple "Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System", which allows you to:

            1) Easily check your ancestors ordinance codes against the official
            temple records
            2) If any ancestors are missing ordinances, then reserve the ordinances
            either for you to manage or for the temples to manage
            3) If you goof, unreserve ordinances
            4) Print FORs
            5) Reprint ordinance cards
            6) Assign ordinance cards to others. AQ has an inventory control system
            for these cards.
            7) Easily update your records with the official temple records once
            ordinances are performed.
            8) Enable a "Temple Mode" to make steps 1 and 2 easier

            To enable the Temple Mode, go to AQ's "FamilySearch" menu, click on
            "Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System", then select "Enable Temple
            Mode". Once this is enabled, then on both the Pedigree and Family view
            screens, each name will show a temple icon indicating whether the
            ordinances are all complete or whether some are ready to be done. You
            can simply click on the temple icon to access the official temple
            records to start the above process.

            And you can view an overview of this process here:

            http://www.ancestralquestonline.com/Tutorials/12-1ORTS/ORTS_Simple.html

            and see a written description of the process here:

            http://www.ancquest.com/downloads/Ordinance%20Reservation%20Overview.pdf

            Gaylon

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
              Many thanks for that Gaylon. I can see I'll have to take a "Refresher" on the Tutorials.

              Kind Regards

              James Pitt
              Wiltshire
              England
              Email: jim.pitt47@...

              James Pitt wrote:
              > Hi Gaylon
              >
              > What is this "Temple Mode" and how do I switch it on ? It is all moving forward so fast I am
              > Kind Regards
              >
              > James Pitt
              > Lyndhurst Road
              > Amesbury
              > Wiltshire
              > SP4 7PG (33)
              > Tel: 01980 590876
              > Mbl: 07881 684839
              > Email: jim.pitt47@...

            • register
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
                Check out the tutorial on the temple ordinances. It is really good.

                Eric

                Email: jim.pitt47@ntlworld <mailto:jim.pitt47%40ntlworld.com> .com

                James Pitt wrote:
                > Hi Gaylon
                >
                > What is this "Temple Mode" and how do I switch it on ? It is all moving
                forward so fast I am
                > Kind Regards
                >
                > James Pitt
                > Lyndhurst Road
                > Amesbury
                > Wiltshire
                > SP4 7PG (33)
                > Tel: 01980 590876
                > Mbl: 07881 684839
                > Email: jim.pitt47@ntlworld <mailto:jim.pitt47%40ntlworld.com> .com

              • Stewart Millar
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 5, 2009
                  I was hoping that the "Modification Date" was updated when I do a synch with
                  nFS and the nFS ID is updated to AQ - this would allow me to review all
                  those synched on a particular date/session.

                  It seems that this is not the case ----- can it be clarified if the
                  Modification Date is updated by any synchronisation action ---- and if not,
                  I would suggest it would be most useful if it was.

                  === Stewart Millar

                • Stewart Millar
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 5, 2009
                    Further to my previous post -----

                    On my last batch of synchronisation I was doing some experimenting with the
                    "Automatic Synch" options ---- it would appear that those records I choose
                    to synch with the automatic option have updated the Modification Date - but
                    the ordinary synch-only option does not, even though it adds in the nFS ID.

                    ==== Stewart Millar

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 30, 2009
                      I think that would be good. The only other suggestion is a different color or symbol for living people but that would be too complicated.

                      I think to have the indicator for living people is distracting as we are trying to locate folks who need us to do their work.

                      Leslie