Not synched.

    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2013
      I just downloaded the latest version of AQ and find that all of my names
      that were synched with nfs are now showing a change when I do a check for
      changes. So I am filtering them to a manageable size so I can make sure
      that any changes on F/T are noted in my data base. I have not synched all
      of my data base on nfs. Only the ones that I have worked on since its
      inception.

      So in my filter I am choosing PID exists and surname is range aa and az. I
      plan to go through the alphabet that way and parse out a few at a time.
      Using the aa to az I got 360 which is a doable number for me. But when I
      check for changes it has found 17 that are not synched.

      Question, how do I identify those 17? I can view those with changes but not
      those 17.

      Leslie Vaughn

    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2013
        When I did a recent Check for Changes I came up with a big list of supposedly names that had changed. I used the new mark all button then ran the list again. I noticed that a number of the names were still on the list of changed names. What I finally did was go in and unlink each of the names on the list and relinked them. Since then the Check for Changes seems to be working correctly.
        Jerry

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1, 2013
          AQ no longer connects with nFS, but Family Tree. Therefore, the
          records will appear to have changed because the system is examining
          the new database.

          Tom

          On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 19:49:51 -0500, you wrote:

          >When I did a recent Check for Changes I came up with a big list of supposedly names that had changed. I used the new mark all button then ran the list again. I noticed that a number of the names were still on the list of changed names. What I finally did was go in and unlink each of the names on the list and relinked them. Since then the Check for Changes seems to be working correctly.
          >Jerry

        • Sally
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 3, 2013
            May I make a suggestion, Leslie? I use the "Name List" to keep track of individual PIDs. To created a column on the name list first go to the name list, then click on the "adjust columns and sorting" tab, go to "individual" "custom events" "FS PID". It will be there whenever you need to refer to PIDs. -Sally B.

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 3, 2013
              Thanks Sally

              My concern is that some of the individuals have a PID but when I check for changes by group, I get some that say they are not synched. If they are not synched they should not have a PID. If they have a PID they should be synched. Is there a way to show those that are not synched other than using the lack of a PID?

              Leslie

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 3, 2013
                I'm slow....what's PID?

                Teresa

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 3, 2013
                  Personal Identification Number assigned by family tree or the old
                  newfamilysearch.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 3, 2013
                    Hi,

                    A couple of things are going on with the latest version.

                    First, if the records have been combined and have a new PID, the
                    system detects the new PID and during the Update Ordinances in the
                    Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System, it _may_ attempt to update
                    the PID stored in AQ to the PID now in FT.

                    Secondly, that doesn't always work and I suspect that when it fails,
                    it is because the record was changed/combined in nFS, rather than FT.

                    In other words, we are in a very big transition right now with respect
                    to the LDS database. Not only is it in the process of moving, but
                    there are things that are happening during that move that impact
                    sync'ing between AQ and FT. I've noticed some of this myself, and
                    simply have allowed the system to work its way through the mess.

                    With databases as large as mine (over 16,000 individuals -- I do
                    descendancy research and am constantly adding new relatives to my AQ
                    database), it takes time.

                    The Check for Changes on FamilySearch will see a lot of changed
                    records, simply because FT now "hides" all but the primary record data
                    and that may not agree with what you had previously when AQ and nFS
                    throught they were the same.

                    Right now, I am seeing some problems, but most of these are easily
                    explained by the differences between nFS and FT. AQ prior to build 11
                    of release 14 interfaced with nFS. Build 12 (the current build) made
                    additional changes to what AQ could do, but both build 11 and 12 will
                    now show changes (in the Check for Changes) and Update Ordinances
                    routines. I suspect we may continue to see impacts on how things
                    operate as the Church continues to refine Family Tree and completes
                    the movement of old nFS data into the new database.

                    If there are functions that fail or cause AQ to crash, I've been
                    reporting them directly to Gaylon. One of these even cause a single
                    record in AQ not to connect to the record in FT. I resolved the
                    problem by rebuilding the database (something that can be done from
                    the Check/Repair window). Fortunately, these are few and far between
                    and so far, the newest builds have been a real joy to use and are so
                    much easier than having to jump into FT from AQ to take care of some
                    facets of database and individual record management.

                    As far as getting the records all updated, the Help Files actually
                    suggest selecting only a small portion of the database to do at a
                    time. I strongly concurr.

                    Hope this helps,

                    Tom

                    On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 22:13:16 -0400, you wrote:

                    >Personal Identification Number assigned by family tree or the old
                    >newfamilysearch.

                  • Peter
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 4, 2013
                      Good morning and happy 4th to all.

                      Question;  In "Update LDS Temple Ordinances" you can set the program to update ordinance dates automatically.
                      However the notice "The FamilySearch ID for Firstname Lastname has been updated from AAAA-AAA to BBBB-BBB" keeps popping up while doing this.  And the updating pauses until you click the OK button.
                      Can this be set to update the PID automatically?

                      Peter

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 4, 2013
                        Peter:

                        When working with nFS, we only felt a need to update the PID under one specific situation, so when you got this message, it didn't seem bothersome. Because the new API dealing with Family Tree isn't as tolerant of older PIDs, AQ now updates the PID everytime it notices that it has changed, and just like before, it alerts you to the change. Apparently there are two processes -- Ordinance Update and Check for Changes -- that can stumble across a lot of these when you'd like to walk away from your computer and let the process finish, so several users have asked that AQ NOT alert them when the ID has changed, at least in these situations. We'll probably make a change to this in the next build.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 4, 2013
                          Sounds good.  Thanks Gaylon, for your prompt response.
                          Will this PID change be logged in the txt file?

                           Peter

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 4, 2013
                            Hi again, Leslie,

                            Did anybody else answer your question? My Internet provider has been down (I am LOST without it!!) and my email is ever so backed up. But, about your question, "Is there a way to show those that are not synched other than using the lack of a PID?" I am sorry, I do not have an answer for you.

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 4, 2013
                              Peter:

                              Logging of the PID change to a text file has been mentioned. We'll keep it in mind, but for now, the only notice you get of this change is when the information box pops up.

                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 4, 2013
                                Hi Gaylon, understood.  I mend after you have made the change in the program.

                                 Peter

                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 4, 2013
                                  When I was using the ordinance update feature, I left the box that says to include confirmation and initiatory checked. The system then added these ordinances for over 32,000 people.
                                  I didn’t think much of it until I wanted to make a book and these ordinances showed up. I didn’t want them included. I just wanted the baptism, endowment and sealings. I couldn’t find
                                  a way to eliminate them other than deleting the lines one at a time. I started doing so, and after a couple thousand lines and two days, decided that this wasn’t really getting me
                                  anywhere. Then I realized that the solution was there all the time. I went into edit event types, deleted the entries for confirmation and initiatory, replacing them with just a space.
                                  Guess what? These ordinances no longer appeared on my reports! This means that any event type that you don’t want displayed can be eliminated by deleting the default sentence
                                  and replacing it with a space. (you can always put the default structure back by choosing the default button)
                                  Perhaps my experience will be helpful to others who find themselves in a similar situation.