How does one use AQ with Famly Tree?

  • tiggernut24
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2013
      I need SPECIFIC instructions on what I can do and how to do it, to use AQ with FamilySearch Family Tree.

      Is this even possible or are we still awaiting hte update to make it possible?

      On line you appear to have scrambled instructions on how to use AQ with old New FamilySearch, which is not the same thing.

      Yours,
      Dora Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2013
        Dora:

        Here are the instructions:

        1) Start AQ.

        2) Make sure you are working with one of the latest builds, which have been updated to work with Family Tree. Do this by going to the Help menu, then open "About Ancestral Quest". Look at the version number. If it shows 14.0.9 or earlier, you need to update. If it shows 14.0.10 or later, you have already updated. If you need to update, go to AQ's "Internet" menu and click on "Check for Latest Release". This will guide you through the update.

        3) If you have the appropriate build of AQ, go to the "FamilySearch" menu and click on "Login".

        4) If you have an LDS Account with FamilySearch, enter your Username and Password. If you instead have a FamilySearch account, enter your Username and Password. Once you successfully enter your credentials, you will be logged into the Family Tree through AQ.

        5) Now use any of the functions under the FamilySearch menu, such as linking, reviewing, etc. You will be working with the Family Tree data. The only exception to this is if you use the "Import Family Lines" function: it is still reading information from new.FamilySearch -- which is the same data as on Family Tree, as long as no-one has altered relationships in Family Tree for the families you import. This will be updated in the very near future.