Re: [AQ_NFS] People born in 1901-1902 show as living

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 24 5:03 PM
      Leslie, that only works if you are directly related to the living relatives.

      Peter

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 24 5:22 PM
        Hi Tom,  I might ask Mr. Findlay. But how it stands now it is not a problem anymore.  The word "Living" has disappeared from my data.

        Thanks for telling me about the link in FT.  It is perfect to have it right there but also in the "Link/Upload or "Check for changes" window because that is when I want to use it most.
        I had not noticed that "secret" icon.  :-)
        So the second part of my question about copy/paste PID's is also answered.

        But be prepared I might have many more question yet!!!!!   :-)

        Peter

        ________________________________
        <gfindlay@...> and ask him to look into the problem for you.

        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 24 5:27 PM
          If you are not related to a living person, then that person should not
          be showing in Family Tree (they won't unless you have an immediate and
          directly relationship to them).

          If you created the person in Family Tree, then that is another matter
          and you'll be able to see the person.

          I haven't done any testing in that regard because, as an LDS member, I
          have no reason to place them in Family Tree -or- perform any temple
          work for them.

          The reason for this not being allowed has to do with the problems
          surrounding a specific person who is attempting to "prove" to the
          world that we haven't kept our word to the descendants of Jewish
          Holocaust victims and also with those who are related to celebrities,
          but have no relationship to you.

          This is pretty well spelled out in the current manuals on Family Tree.

          Tom

          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 24 6:06 PM
            Yes, you are right. Living people are not searchable on family tree unless they are your parent, spouse or child. Thus if they aren’t searchable you cannot link/ sync to them.

            <gfindlay@... <mailto:gfindlay%40ancquest.com> <mailto:gfindlay%40ancquest.com> > and ask him to

            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 24 6:09 PM
              Well said. Living people should be on your own data base and not anywhere
              on the web, including family tree. We have to be diligent to respect the
              privacy of living folks and only share on any tree on the web if those
              living people have given permission.

              If you are not related to a living person, then that person should not
              be showing in Family Tree (they won't unless you have an immediate and
              directly relationship to them).

              If you created the person in Family Tree, then that is another matter
              and you'll be able to see the person.

              I haven't done any testing in that regard because, as an LDS member, I
              have no reason to place them in Family Tree -or- perform any temple
              work for them.

              The reason for this not being allowed has to do with the problems
              surrounding a specific person who is attempting to "prove" to the
              world that we haven't kept our word to the descendants of Jewish
              Holocaust victims and also with those who are related to celebrities,
              but have no relationship to you.

              This is pretty well spelled out in the current manuals on Family Tree.

              Tom

              On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 17:03:02 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

              >Leslie, that only works if you are directly related to the living
              relatives.

              >Peter

              Of
              >tomhuber.yah@... <mailto:tomhuber.yah%40gmail.com>