RE: [AQ_NFS] People born in 1901-1902 show as living

    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
      It sounds like the PIDs are coming into AQ by the operator actually copying
      and pasting. It is so much easier to link to F/T and import any new
      information or upload any missing information. Once the person is
      linked/synched, the PID naturally comes in.

      Leslie

      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
        Margaret, not the update but the "Generate ID Numbers" function described below.

        Peter

        ________________________________
        Sorry I am confused. Updates of AQ have not deleted any of the FSPIDs in my
        database (living or not). When you link an individual to FT through AQ the
        program automatically puts the PID number in the FamilySearch ID box. You
        cannot delete it (when you unlink the person it gets removed). You can copy
        the number to be pasted into a FT search box.

        Margaret

        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
          Leslie, that only works if you are directly related to the living relatives.

          Peter

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
            Hi Tom,  I might ask Mr. Findlay. But how it stands now it is not a problem anymore.  The word "Living" has disappeared from my data.

            Thanks for telling me about the link in FT.  It is perfect to have it right there but also in the "Link/Upload or "Check for changes" window because that is when I want to use it most.
            I had not noticed that "secret" icon.  :-)
            So the second part of my question about copy/paste PID's is also answered.

            But be prepared I might have many more question yet!!!!!   :-)

            Peter

            ________________________________
            <gfindlay@...> and ask him to look into the problem for you.

            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
              If you are not related to a living person, then that person should not
              be showing in Family Tree (they won't unless you have an immediate and
              directly relationship to them).

              If you created the person in Family Tree, then that is another matter
              and you'll be able to see the person.

              I haven't done any testing in that regard because, as an LDS member, I
              have no reason to place them in Family Tree -or- perform any temple
              work for them.

              The reason for this not being allowed has to do with the problems
              surrounding a specific person who is attempting to "prove" to the
              world that we haven't kept our word to the descendants of Jewish
              Holocaust victims and also with those who are related to celebrities,
              but have no relationship to you.

              This is pretty well spelled out in the current manuals on Family Tree.

              Tom

              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
                Yes, you are right. Living people are not searchable on family tree unless they are your parent, spouse or child. Thus if they aren’t searchable you cannot link/ sync to them.

                <gfindlay@... <mailto:gfindlay%40ancquest.com> <mailto:gfindlay%40ancquest.com> > and ask him to

                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
                  Well said. Living people should be on your own data base and not anywhere
                  on the web, including family tree. We have to be diligent to respect the
                  privacy of living folks and only share on any tree on the web if those
                  living people have given permission.

                  If you are not related to a living person, then that person should not
                  be showing in Family Tree (they won't unless you have an immediate and
                  directly relationship to them).

                  If you created the person in Family Tree, then that is another matter
                  and you'll be able to see the person.

                  I haven't done any testing in that regard because, as an LDS member, I
                  have no reason to place them in Family Tree -or- perform any temple
                  work for them.

                  The reason for this not being allowed has to do with the problems
                  surrounding a specific person who is attempting to "prove" to the
                  world that we haven't kept our word to the descendants of Jewish
                  Holocaust victims and also with those who are related to celebrities,
                  but have no relationship to you.

                  This is pretty well spelled out in the current manuals on Family Tree.

                  Tom

                  On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 17:03:02 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

                  >Leslie, that only works if you are directly related to the living
                  relatives.

                  >Peter

                  Of
                  >tomhuber.yah@... <mailto:tomhuber.yah%40gmail.com>