Re: [AQ_NFS] People born in 1901-1902 show as living

    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
      I'm not sure what is going on, Peter. AQ retains the PIDs for me. You
      might want to send a note directly to Gaylon Findlay
      <gfindlay@...> and ask him to look into the problem for you.
      You will like have to send him a copy of the backup of your AQ file.

      When I want to see the FT entry for the person and I'm in AQ, all I
      have to do is to have the person highlighted in Family, Pedigree, or
      even Name List and select FamilySearch... View person in FamilySearch.
      The system fires up my browser, asks me to log in, and then open FT
      with the Person View of the person I want to see.

      So, something is going on in your system. It may be a setting or
      something, but my copy has retained the PIDs even for living people.

      Now, there may be some simple explanation for this, but I don't know
      what it is.

      Hopefully, Gaylon can get you a resolution to the problem.

      Tom

      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
        It sounds like the PIDs are coming into AQ by the operator actually copying
        and pasting. It is so much easier to link to F/T and import any new
        information or upload any missing information. Once the person is
        linked/synched, the PID naturally comes in.

        Leslie

        <gfindlay@... <mailto:gfindlay%40ancquest.com> > and ask him to
        look into the problem for you.
        You will like have to send him a copy of the backup of your AQ file.

        When I want to see the FT entry for the person and I'm in AQ, all I
        have to do is to have the person highlighted in Family, Pedigree, or
        even Name List and select FamilySearch... View person in FamilySearch.
        The system fires up my browser, asks me to log in, and then open FT
        with the Person View of the person I want to see.

        So, something is going on in your system. It may be a setting or
        something, but my copy has retained the PIDs even for living people.

        Now, there may be some simple explanation for this, but I don't know
        what it is.

        Hopefully, Gaylon can get you a resolution to the problem.

        Tom

        On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 15:45:38 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

        >Tom, not good. AQ has deleted all the PID's of all living people too.
        >
        >I made a backup just before, but I am not impressed that there was no
        indication that it would do that.

        >I still don't like it that I can not figure out how to access the PID for
        any of the records. Quite often I want to look at the record in FT while
        linking or checking for changes. Being able to copy and paste
        >would make that a lot easier.
        >
        >But the good news is that the build 11 update seems to have fixed the
        "Living" tag for people
        >born in 1900, 1901, 1902 and 1903.
        >
        >Thanks for your help.
        >

        > Peter
        >

        >________________________________

      • Peter
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
          Margaret, not the update but the "Generate ID Numbers" function described below.

          Peter

          ________________________________
          Sorry I am confused. Updates of AQ have not deleted any of the FSPIDs in my
          database (living or not). When you link an individual to FT through AQ the
          program automatically puts the PID number in the FamilySearch ID box. You
          cannot delete it (when you unlink the person it gets removed). You can copy
          the number to be pasted into a FT search box.

          Margaret

          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
            Leslie, that only works if you are directly related to the living relatives.

            Peter

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
              Hi Tom,  I might ask Mr. Findlay. But how it stands now it is not a problem anymore.  The word "Living" has disappeared from my data.

              Thanks for telling me about the link in FT.  It is perfect to have it right there but also in the "Link/Upload or "Check for changes" window because that is when I want to use it most.
              I had not noticed that "secret" icon.  :-)
              So the second part of my question about copy/paste PID's is also answered.

              But be prepared I might have many more question yet!!!!!   :-)

              Peter

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
                If you are not related to a living person, then that person should not
                be showing in Family Tree (they won't unless you have an immediate and
                directly relationship to them).

                If you created the person in Family Tree, then that is another matter
                and you'll be able to see the person.

                I haven't done any testing in that regard because, as an LDS member, I
                have no reason to place them in Family Tree -or- perform any temple
                work for them.

                The reason for this not being allowed has to do with the problems
                surrounding a specific person who is attempting to "prove" to the
                world that we haven't kept our word to the descendants of Jewish
                Holocaust victims and also with those who are related to celebrities,
                but have no relationship to you.

                This is pretty well spelled out in the current manuals on Family Tree.

                Tom

                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
                  Yes, you are right. Living people are not searchable on family tree unless they are your parent, spouse or child. Thus if they aren’t searchable you cannot link/ sync to them.

                  <gfindlay@... <mailto:gfindlay%40ancquest.com> <mailto:gfindlay%40ancquest.com> > and ask him to

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
                    Well said. Living people should be on your own data base and not anywhere
                    on the web, including family tree. We have to be diligent to respect the
                    privacy of living folks and only share on any tree on the web if those
                    living people have given permission.

                    If you are not related to a living person, then that person should not
                    be showing in Family Tree (they won't unless you have an immediate and
                    directly relationship to them).

                    If you created the person in Family Tree, then that is another matter
                    and you'll be able to see the person.

                    I haven't done any testing in that regard because, as an LDS member, I
                    have no reason to place them in Family Tree -or- perform any temple
                    work for them.

                    The reason for this not being allowed has to do with the problems
                    surrounding a specific person who is attempting to "prove" to the
                    world that we haven't kept our word to the descendants of Jewish
                    Holocaust victims and also with those who are related to celebrities,
                    but have no relationship to you.

                    This is pretty well spelled out in the current manuals on Family Tree.

                    Tom

                    On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 17:03:02 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

                    >Leslie, that only works if you are directly related to the living
                    relatives.

                    >Peter

                    Of
                    >tomhuber.yah@... <mailto:tomhuber.yah%40gmail.com>