Re: [AQ_NFS] People born in 1901-1902 show as living

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
      Tom, you were right.  Build 11 fixed it.
      So I changed it and now all the words "living" in the ID fields are gone.

      I guess to copy/paste the PID from my data to FT still have to be done in PAF.

      Peter

      ps: Update was set to ones a week and did not show a notice.  And I could not find another place in the program to update from. Is there an update within the program?

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
        In the program click the "Internet" pull down menu at the top and the third
        down is "Check for latest AQ release"

        Margaret

        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
          Tom, not good.   AQ has deleted all the PID's of all living people too.

          I made a backup just before, but I am not impressed that there was no indication that it would do that.

          I still don't like it that I can not figure out how to access the PID for any of the records. Quite often I want to look at the record in FT while linking or checking for changes. Being able to copy and paste
          would make that a lot easier.

          But the good news is that the build 11 update seems to have fixed the "Living" tag for people
          born in 1900, 1901, 1902 and 1903.

          Thanks for your help.

           Peter

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
            Thanks Margaret, never thought to look there.

            Peter

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
              Sorry I am confused. Updates of AQ have not deleted any of the FSPIDs in my
              database (living or not). When you link an individual to FT through AQ the
              program automatically puts the PID number in the FamilySearch ID box. You
              cannot delete it (when you unlink the person it gets removed). You can copy
              the number to be pasted into a FT search box.

              Margaret

              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
                I'm not sure what is going on, Peter. AQ retains the PIDs for me. You
                might want to send a note directly to Gaylon Findlay
                <gfindlay@...> and ask him to look into the problem for you.
                You will like have to send him a copy of the backup of your AQ file.

                When I want to see the FT entry for the person and I'm in AQ, all I
                have to do is to have the person highlighted in Family, Pedigree, or
                even Name List and select FamilySearch... View person in FamilySearch.
                The system fires up my browser, asks me to log in, and then open FT
                with the Person View of the person I want to see.

                So, something is going on in your system. It may be a setting or
                something, but my copy has retained the PIDs even for living people.

                Now, there may be some simple explanation for this, but I don't know
                what it is.

                Hopefully, Gaylon can get you a resolution to the problem.

                Tom

                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
                  It sounds like the PIDs are coming into AQ by the operator actually copying
                  and pasting. It is so much easier to link to F/T and import any new
                  information or upload any missing information. Once the person is
                  linked/synched, the PID naturally comes in.

                  Leslie

                  <gfindlay@... <mailto:gfindlay%40ancquest.com> > and ask him to

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
                    Margaret, not the update but the "Generate ID Numbers" function described below.

                    Peter

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
                      Leslie, that only works if you are directly related to the living relatives.

                      Peter

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
                        Hi Tom,  I might ask Mr. Findlay. But how it stands now it is not a problem anymore.  The word "Living" has disappeared from my data.

                        Thanks for telling me about the link in FT.  It is perfect to have it right there but also in the "Link/Upload or "Check for changes" window because that is when I want to use it most.
                        I had not noticed that "secret" icon.  :-)
                        So the second part of my question about copy/paste PID's is also answered.

                        But be prepared I might have many more question yet!!!!!   :-)

                        Peter

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
                          If you are not related to a living person, then that person should not
                          be showing in Family Tree (they won't unless you have an immediate and
                          directly relationship to them).

                          If you created the person in Family Tree, then that is another matter
                          and you'll be able to see the person.

                          I haven't done any testing in that regard because, as an LDS member, I
                          have no reason to place them in Family Tree -or- perform any temple
                          work for them.

                          The reason for this not being allowed has to do with the problems
                          surrounding a specific person who is attempting to "prove" to the
                          world that we haven't kept our word to the descendants of Jewish
                          Holocaust victims and also with those who are related to celebrities,
                          but have no relationship to you.

                          This is pretty well spelled out in the current manuals on Family Tree.

                          Tom

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
                            Yes, you are right. Living people are not searchable on family tree unless they are your parent, spouse or child. Thus if they aren’t searchable you cannot link/ sync to them.

                            <gfindlay@... <mailto:gfindlay%40ancquest.com> <mailto:gfindlay%40ancquest.com> > and ask him to

                            Message 13 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
                              Well said. Living people should be on your own data base and not anywhere
                              on the web, including family tree. We have to be diligent to respect the
                              privacy of living folks and only share on any tree on the web if those
                              living people have given permission.

                              If you are not related to a living person, then that person should not
                              be showing in Family Tree (they won't unless you have an immediate and
                              directly relationship to them).

                              If you created the person in Family Tree, then that is another matter
                              and you'll be able to see the person.

                              I haven't done any testing in that regard because, as an LDS member, I
                              have no reason to place them in Family Tree -or- perform any temple
                              work for them.

                              The reason for this not being allowed has to do with the problems
                              surrounding a specific person who is attempting to "prove" to the
                              world that we haven't kept our word to the descendants of Jewish
                              Holocaust victims and also with those who are related to celebrities,
                              but have no relationship to you.

                              This is pretty well spelled out in the current manuals on Family Tree.

                              Tom

                              On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 17:03:02 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

                              >Leslie, that only works if you are directly related to the living
                              relatives.

                              >Peter

                              Of
                              >tomhuber.yah@... <mailto:tomhuber.yah%40gmail.com>