Re: [AQ_NFS] Temple Mode

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
      So, your vote is that when temple mode is turned on, to not show a
      temple indicator for living people at all? I just checked, and in NFS,
      no icon is shown for living people.

      Gaylon

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
          It doesn't matter at all for me. I don't usually work with the living in AQ
          anyway, and it doesn't bother me to see the temple icon there.

          If it does bother some people, maybe it would be nice to be able to turn it
          off for the living in preferences?

          /Gunilla

          _____

          Leslie Vaughn wrote:
          > I think it is a great suggestion.

        • James Pitt
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
            Hi Gaylon

            What is this "Temple Mode" and how do I switch it on ? It is all moving forward so fast I am
            Kind Regards

            James Pitt
            Lyndhurst Road
            Amesbury
            Wiltshire
            SP4 7PG (33)
            Tel: 01980 590876
            Mbl: 07881 684839
            Email: jim.pitt47@...

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
              James:

              Just in case anyone on the group missed the announcement, let me not
              only answer your question, but give background.

              About 10 days ago, we released a new build of AQ 12.1 with some major
              new LDS features. AQ now has a "Helper" mode that will allow a FHC
              consultant to sign in to help someone else, and AQ now has a new LDS
              Temple "Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System", which allows you to:

              1) Easily check your ancestors ordinance codes against the official
              temple records
              2) If any ancestors are missing ordinances, then reserve the ordinances
              either for you to manage or for the temples to manage
              3) If you goof, unreserve ordinances
              4) Print FORs
              5) Reprint ordinance cards
              6) Assign ordinance cards to others. AQ has an inventory control system
              for these cards.
              7) Easily update your records with the official temple records once
              ordinances are performed.
              8) Enable a "Temple Mode" to make steps 1 and 2 easier

              To enable the Temple Mode, go to AQ's "FamilySearch" menu, click on
              "Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System", then select "Enable Temple
              Mode". Once this is enabled, then on both the Pedigree and Family view
              screens, each name will show a temple icon indicating whether the
              ordinances are all complete or whether some are ready to be done. You
              can simply click on the temple icon to access the official temple
              records to start the above process.

              And you can view an overview of this process here:

              http://www.ancestralquestonline.com/Tutorials/12-1ORTS/ORTS_Simple.html

              and see a written description of the process here:

              http://www.ancquest.com/downloads/Ordinance%20Reservation%20Overview.pdf

              Gaylon

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
                Many thanks for that Gaylon. I can see I'll have to take a "Refresher" on the Tutorials.

                Kind Regards

                James Pitt
                Wiltshire
                England
                Email: jim.pitt47@...

                James Pitt wrote:
                > Hi Gaylon
                >
                > What is this "Temple Mode" and how do I switch it on ? It is all moving forward so fast I am
                > Kind Regards
                >
                > James Pitt
                > Lyndhurst Road
                > Amesbury
                > Wiltshire
                > SP4 7PG (33)
                > Tel: 01980 590876
                > Mbl: 07881 684839
                > Email: jim.pitt47@...

              • register
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
                  Check out the tutorial on the temple ordinances. It is really good.

                  Eric

                  Email: jim.pitt47@ntlworld <mailto:jim.pitt47%40ntlworld.com> .com

                  James Pitt wrote:
                  > Hi Gaylon
                  >
                  > What is this "Temple Mode" and how do I switch it on ? It is all moving
                  forward so fast I am
                  > Kind Regards
                  >
                  > James Pitt
                  > Lyndhurst Road
                  > Amesbury
                  > Wiltshire
                  > SP4 7PG (33)
                  > Tel: 01980 590876
                  > Mbl: 07881 684839
                  > Email: jim.pitt47@ntlworld <mailto:jim.pitt47%40ntlworld.com> .com

                • Stewart Millar
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 5, 2009
                    I was hoping that the "Modification Date" was updated when I do a synch with
                    nFS and the nFS ID is updated to AQ - this would allow me to review all
                    those synched on a particular date/session.

                    It seems that this is not the case ----- can it be clarified if the
                    Modification Date is updated by any synchronisation action ---- and if not,
                    I would suggest it would be most useful if it was.

                    === Stewart Millar

                  • Stewart Millar
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 5, 2009
                      Further to my previous post -----

                      On my last batch of synchronisation I was doing some experimenting with the
                      "Automatic Synch" options ---- it would appear that those records I choose
                      to synch with the automatic option have updated the Modification Date - but
                      the ordinary synch-only option does not, even though it adds in the nFS ID.

                      ==== Stewart Millar

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 30, 2009
                        I think that would be good. The only other suggestion is a different color or symbol for living people but that would be too complicated.

                        I think to have the indicator for living people is distracting as we are trying to locate folks who need us to do their work.

                        Leslie