RE: [AQ_NFS] Build 19 is available

  • Stewart Millar
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 28 4:04 AM
      I did use the CD Image file (as it was before you fixed it) - ran the basic
      update and it now successfully reports version 19.

      ==== Stewart

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 18, 2009
        When I am managing batches the 'date created' column is always blank. This
        would be most useful information. Is there a way I can cause this to
        happen?

      • register
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 18, 2009
          Gaylon, when I reconcile submitted batches it takes a long time. That is
          fine but if there was a display of progress that would be helpful. It would
          also be helpful to be able to abort this process.

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 1, 2010
            I wish and I wish, that it would be possible to select several batches to
            review. As it is now, you can review one or all. By now I have a "ton" of
            batches and to review all it takes "forever" to load. And I don't know
            which batch I really need to look at, so I have to look at all of them. L

            Is it difficult to fix it so it would work to select several different
            batches, by holding the CTRL key and clicking on the batches I want to see?

            I would really appreciate that enhancement. J

            Thanks,

            Gunilla

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 1, 2010
              Gunilla:

              Thanks for the suggestion. We'll take into consideration. My best advice
              until such time as this could be implemented is to use the "All" option
              a while before you need to look at the batches (then do other things
              while it loads), so when you are ready, all ordinances in your batch
              system will be loaded and ready to quickly look through. Once initially
              loaded, you can later open any batch or all batches very quickly.

              Gaylon

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 2, 2010
                I would also like to see a quicker way to reserve ordinances. When I click the reserve ordinance tab, it loads up EVERY person I have reserved before it would allow me to reserve one or two.

                Is there a way to reserve one or two without opening up and loading everyone.

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 2, 2010
                  Leslie:

                  As with batches, AQ needs to be able to give you accurate, up-to-date
                  information on the records you have in your reserve list when you look
                  at it. The first time you open this screen for each AQ session, AQ will
                  read the ordinance information on each person you have in your list to
                  be able to provide that information for you. Once loaded, you can
                  quickly get to this screen for the rest of the AQ session.

                  The trick here is to keep this list small. Put some people on the list,
                  check them out, then either reserve them or remove them from the list.
                  (When you reserve them, they will be moved off of this list in one of
                  two ways: 1) If you place them on an FOR, AQ will automatically take
                  their name from this list and move them to a batch; 2) If you reserve
                  them for the Temples to manage, use the "Remove" button at the bottom of
                  the screen, and use the option to move all temple reserved records to a
                  special batch.)

                  If you keep records on the list that you aren't working with, it doesn't
                  help you, but it requires AQ to read the ordinance status for the person
                  on this list once for each AQ session. Because Ordinance reads are about
                  the most time consuming read from NFS, this can take awhile. Keep the
                  list pruned to just the names you are really working with.

                  Gaylon

                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
                    Today, when I tried to get into Managing batches, when the little window
                    opens, it is blank. It does not list my batches. I tried to sync and 2
                    legacy batches showed up. Needless to say, I am not able to update
                    ordinances that have been done recently.

                    I am using build 12.1.28 and windows XP

                    What's up?

                    Gunilla Manell
                    1488 NW 2 AVE
                    ONTARIO OR 97914
                    Phone# 541-889-9076
                    e-mail: <mailto:gmanell@...> gmanell@...
                    HOME PAGE URL:
                    <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/> http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/
                    FAMILY TREE HOME PAGE URL:
                    <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html>
                    http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html

                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
                      Gunilla:

                      To try to diagnose this a bit, why don't you backup your current
                      database -- use a unique name for this backup so that it doesn't
                      overwrite a prior backup. Then restore the most recent prior backup that
                      you have and see if the backup has this data.

                      Gaylon

                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011

                        I restored from a backup I made a few weeks ago. The manage batches window
                        is being populated now.

                        I recently converted to collaboration. Could that have anything to do with
                        it?

                        I first tried to get the manage batch window while I was I collaborative
                        mode with my .ac file. The window was blank.

                        Then I converted the collaborative file to an .aq file, and the window was
                        still blank.

                        Is it possible that once your data has been converted to .ac, you can no
                        longer use the Manage batches window??

                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
                          Gunilla:

                          We were just recently reminded that the conversion process did not
                          convert the ordinance tracking portion of the database. This would
                          explain it. We just fixed this a few days ago, and a new build will be
                          out in a few days with this fix. Please hold off on converting this file
                          to a collaboration file until after you get the new build with this fix.

                          Gaylon

                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
                            Let me add one thought to anyone who is already collaborating.

                            It is not the Collaborating that causes this problem, it is the
                            conversion. If you are already collaborating and using AQ's ORTS, then
                            as long as you keep the file as a collaborative file, you'll be OK. Just
                            don't switch between a normal AQ or PAF file to collaborative (or visa
                            versa) once you have started tracking ordinance records in AQ, until you