Field Filtering

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 23, 2013
      Good morning everyone,

      When trying to use field filtering and entering words in the date fields it will not accept anything beside
      a real date.
      iow: When entering words like reserved, in progress or Sub it will give an invalid date error.

      Is there away around this?

      Peter

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 23, 2013
        The word reserved is not accepted as a date but "submitted" and "in
        progress" is an option in any of the ordinance date fields.

        When I check for changes to see if temple work has been done:

        1. Click on FamilySearch tab at the top

        2. Click check for changes

        3. Click Select

        4. Click Define

        5. Click any ordinance date

        6. When the box comes up for the date, leave the "equals" and type in
        "submitted" ("sub" will do) select okay and then click "or" and then click
        any ordinance date again and leave the "equals" and type in "in progress"
        (Reserved does not work) then click okay. Click okay again and then click
        start checking.

        Of course, you leave out the quotation marks.

        If you just want to know which individual has ordinances in progress or
        submitted just omit the steps for the family search check for change
        features.

        I am not using the latest version of AQ yet, so if you are perhaps this is a
        bug if it doesn't work.

        Leslie Vaughn

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 23, 2013
          Hi Leslie,  thanks for your reply.
          You are right. "Sub" will work in "equals" but it will not work in "Contains"

          We really need to be able to sort on words like "reserved", "Completed", "In Progress"
          because if you do a "check for changes" and check "All" it will go to only a hundred or so
          and the "Restart Matching" button comes back on but the "View" button stays off.

          Peter

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 23, 2013
            If you have submitted what else would you have in the field? I don’t think you would need to use contains to capture what you need. If you submit your temple ordinances through AQ, it puts the word submitted and the date you submitted. They are included in the results when you just put in submitted.

            By doing as I described below I can check for the ordinances that I know are submitted or in progress and do it several times per day.

            If you feel you have too many to be manageable, you can add additional filters such as born after ddmmyy and then put those between some dates, etc.

            Personally I have never used the term completed or reserved. Submitted is the word to use instead of reserved and if an ordinance is completed then the date would be used. So I never have to worry about them.

            If you have those terms in the field, I don’t know how you’d find them as you are correct they cannot be used

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 23, 2013
              Leslie, that is your choice.

              FT does not show submitted but "reserved by" , so that is what I have in my data where ever it shows in FT.

              Peter