Re: [AQ_NFS] Unconnected Trees

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 23, 2013
      I use GEBViewer, by MudCreek, Software.com. It will read any ged file, PAF and possibly other file. It will list of "Islands" in your data base.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 23, 2013
        The best way to find unconnected trees is with another product Family Insight. It is a fantastic product from Ohana Software. Not only will it find them, it will group them together in
        separate trees (lets say three unconnected generations with 16 names exists, it will group those 16 as a tree and give it a tree number). Family Insight will also give you a list of all
        place names in your file and let you standardize them.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 23, 2013
          Family Insight is a good product to do this and will work with an AQ
          database, as long as you have not done any customizing of any of the
          "Other" fields (I have). If you've customized some of the fields, the
          Family Insight can created a corrupted AQ database, so if you do use
          Family Insight to work with your AQ database, have it work with only a
          renamed COPY of your working AQ database.

          There are some other features that I like about Family Insight, like
          the way it deals with place names and correcting them, but as long as
          it corrupts my database, I make use of AQs edit place names feature.

          Tom

          On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 20:34:25 -0400, you wrote:

          >The best way to find unconnected trees is with another product Family Insight. It is a fantastic product from Ohana Software. Not only will it find them, it will group them together in
          >separate trees (lets say three unconnected generations with 16 names exists, it will group those 16 as a tree and give it a tree number). Family Insight will also give you a list of all
          >place names in your file and let you standardize them.

        • Mary-Theresa
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 24, 2013
            Thanks.Mary-Theresa