Re: [AQ_NFS] Symbols/ Family Tree

  • Scott Scheibe
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2013
      At 01:19 PM 5/5/2013, Jerry wrote:

      > you define the tags. To open the tags for a person, press
      > CTRL-SHIFT-T, and it
      >brings up the manage tag window. I am guessing it is a tag, because the other
      >indicators open a window if clicked.

      Ah, that rang bells, I set Blue tags for people I had synced
      with Family Tree when they first came out with it. I set some, had
      problems, quit using it for a while and forgot all about it... Thank you.

      >On Set Family Tree - you might need to select the version from your local tree
      >- down toward the bottom of the list.

      The problem I'm having is when I click on the drop down list and
      click on any thing it most of the time goes back to the first entry
      when I release it and won't do anything else. I have found a sort of
      work around by clicking on the box and using the arrow keys to move
      though the selection then they stay on what I last selected. If I
      don't change anything it won't give the option to Set Family
      Tree. Though most of the time I find it is showing CMIS data and
      other stuff instead of mine so changing it isn't a problem. I
      personally hate abrevations for locations. Over the years the states
      have been abreviated various ways, then some records had abrevations
      for counties and town which made it really hard to figure out what
      they were to begin with..

      Scott Scheibe

      <http://scottsworld.info/genealogy/index.php>

      Descendants of Capt. Henry WOODWARD
      <http://woodward.scottsworld.info/>
      Message 2 of 7 , May 6, 2013
        In order to have the ability to change the wrong item (those that are not complete, etc.) you first have to select the right one on the link screen.

        When the link screen first opens you will see both what is on your computer and what is on FS. They may appear to be highlighted the same, but looking carefully may show the wrong item is at the top of the list. (Sometimes it has chosen place names that are actually the same, but only one is fully written out, so it does not change on its own.) Move down that list and you should see what you consider correct and matches your own record. Click it. It should then move up to the top of the list.

        Then click Set Family Tree. You will be asked if you want to save the correction you just made before it goes to the next screen. On the next screen the right location should now be in place. If not use the drop down menu and select it.

        Message 3 of 7 , May 6, 2013
          It almost sounds like you have a database problem or corrupted
          executable or dll file. Start by rebuilding your database (at least
          run check and repair) to see if that helps resolve the problem.