Re: [AQ_NFS] Symbols/ Family Tree

    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2013
      The Set Family Tree functions allows you to specify the Family Tree
      value from the list of those provided. It impacts a limited number of
      fields, all dealing with the individual.

      Fields that are active are name, birth, christening, death, and
      burial.

      The value you want to include must be already in Family Tree. You
      select the value through the dropdown list and once you've selected
      those values, press the "Set Family Tree Values on FamilySearch." Even
      though there is currently no direct connection between AQ and Family
      Tree, the value will be first set in NewFamilySearch and then
      transferred to FamilyTree. The selected value will be highlighted in
      bold in the AQ interface screen.

      Note: Selecting the value (at the bottom of the drop down list) that
      is indicated in your AQ records will _not_ set the value if that value
      is already in the drop down list. You must select the correct value
      from the list.

      A further note on the boxes in the pedigree view -- If they are one of
      the tags, they will do nothing and indicate nothing if you click on
      them. That is because they are uniquely defined by the user.

      On Sun, 05 May 2013 11:57:15 -0700, you wrote:

      >In set Family Tree values some of them I can't change and it won't
      >let me set it. For instance one I just tried my local file gives birth as
      >

      >29 Dec 1819 York Springs, Adams, Pennsylvania, Family tree shows the value as
      >1807, Ohio and when I try to change it in the drop down box, it just
      >goes back to that value even though it is the ONLY one that says Ohio
      >and several others have some variation of York Springs, Adams, Pen.
    • Scott Scheibe
      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2013
        At 01:19 PM 5/5/2013, Jerry wrote:

        > you define the tags. To open the tags for a person, press
        > CTRL-SHIFT-T, and it
        >brings up the manage tag window. I am guessing it is a tag, because the other
        >indicators open a window if clicked.

        Ah, that rang bells, I set Blue tags for people I had synced
        with Family Tree when they first came out with it. I set some, had
        problems, quit using it for a while and forgot all about it... Thank you.

        >On Set Family Tree - you might need to select the version from your local tree
        >- down toward the bottom of the list.

        The problem I'm having is when I click on the drop down list and
        click on any thing it most of the time goes back to the first entry
        when I release it and won't do anything else. I have found a sort of
        work around by clicking on the box and using the arrow keys to move
        though the selection then they stay on what I last selected. If I
        don't change anything it won't give the option to Set Family
        Tree. Though most of the time I find it is showing CMIS data and
        other stuff instead of mine so changing it isn't a problem. I
        personally hate abrevations for locations. Over the years the states
        have been abreviated various ways, then some records had abrevations
        for counties and town which made it really hard to figure out what
        they were to begin with..

        Scott Scheibe

        <http://scottsworld.info/genealogy/index.php>

        Descendants of Capt. Henry WOODWARD
        <http://woodward.scottsworld.info/>
        Message 3 of 7 , May 6, 2013
          In order to have the ability to change the wrong item (those that are not complete, etc.) you first have to select the right one on the link screen.

          When the link screen first opens you will see both what is on your computer and what is on FS. They may appear to be highlighted the same, but looking carefully may show the wrong item is at the top of the list. (Sometimes it has chosen place names that are actually the same, but only one is fully written out, so it does not change on its own.) Move down that list and you should see what you consider correct and matches your own record. Click it. It should then move up to the top of the list.

          Then click Set Family Tree. You will be asked if you want to save the correction you just made before it goes to the next screen. On the next screen the right location should now be in place. If not use the drop down menu and select it.

          Message 4 of 7 , May 6, 2013
            It almost sounds like you have a database problem or corrupted
            executable or dll file. Start by rebuilding your database (at least
            run check and repair) to see if that helps resolve the problem.