Re: [AQ_NFS] Symbols/ Family Tree

    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2013
      The Pedigree view's symbols are somewhat dependent upon the
      preferences you have set, particularly for Temple Mode:

      With Temple Mode on, each name in the Pedigree View and the Family
      View will display an icon which indicates the status of the LDS temple
      ordinances for that person. With Temple Mode off, these icons will not
      show on the Pedigree and Family Views.

      You turn temple mode on by going into the FamilySearch menu and
      selecting Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System. Then click on
      Enable Temple Mode. You turn temple mode off by going to the same
      screen and clicking on Disable Temple Mode.

      With temple mode on, you will see one of three icons:

      - The temple icon with a green arrow indicates that at least one
      ordinance is needed, according to your local records.

      - The temple icon with a yellow warning sign indicates that no
      ordinances are needed, but that at least one ordinance is still in
      progress.

      - The temple icon with a blue checkmark indicates that all ordinances
      are completed.

      Be aware that these icons are based upon the information in your local
      records, not based upon official temple records. If your records are
      up to date with the temple records, then these icons will be accurate.
      To verify the accuracy of these icons, you will need to link each
      person with the corresonding person in FamilySearch and make sure your
      records agree with the official temple records available through
      FamilySearch.

      Regardless of which icon is shown, if you click on the icon, it will
      add that record to the list on the Reserve Ordinances/Create Batches
      screen, where you can verify the official ordinances. If ordinances
      are missing on the official temple records, you can then reserve them.

      --

      In Preferences (General Tag), if you have "Connect with FamilySearch"
      checked, you will see a FamilySearch icon (a tree). If the icon has a

      You may also see one or more (up to three) colored boxes. This is a
      tag feature that Gaylon as provided and how those boxes are used is up
      the the AQ user. To reach the Manage Tags screen, Select Tools...
      Tags.

      Some of these features are only availalbe in a fully licensed version
      of AQ 14.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2013
        The Set Family Tree functions allows you to specify the Family Tree
        value from the list of those provided. It impacts a limited number of
        fields, all dealing with the individual.

        Fields that are active are name, birth, christening, death, and
        burial.

        The value you want to include must be already in Family Tree. You
        select the value through the dropdown list and once you've selected
        those values, press the "Set Family Tree Values on FamilySearch." Even
        though there is currently no direct connection between AQ and Family
        Tree, the value will be first set in NewFamilySearch and then
        transferred to FamilyTree. The selected value will be highlighted in
        bold in the AQ interface screen.

        Note: Selecting the value (at the bottom of the drop down list) that
        is indicated in your AQ records will _not_ set the value if that value
        is already in the drop down list. You must select the correct value
        from the list.

        A further note on the boxes in the pedigree view -- If they are one of
        the tags, they will do nothing and indicate nothing if you click on
        them. That is because they are uniquely defined by the user.

        Message 3 of 7 , May 5, 2013
          At 01:19 PM 5/5/2013, Jerry wrote:

          > you define the tags. To open the tags for a person, press
          > CTRL-SHIFT-T, and it
          >brings up the manage tag window. I am guessing it is a tag, because the other
          >indicators open a window if clicked.

          Ah, that rang bells, I set Blue tags for people I had synced
          with Family Tree when they first came out with it. I set some, had
          problems, quit using it for a while and forgot all about it... Thank you.

          >On Set Family Tree - you might need to select the version from your local tree
          >- down toward the bottom of the list.

          The problem I'm having is when I click on the drop down list and
          click on any thing it most of the time goes back to the first entry
          when I release it and won't do anything else. I have found a sort of
          work around by clicking on the box and using the arrow keys to move
          though the selection then they stay on what I last selected. If I
          don't change anything it won't give the option to Set Family
          Tree. Though most of the time I find it is showing CMIS data and
          other stuff instead of mine so changing it isn't a problem. I
          personally hate abrevations for locations. Over the years the states
          have been abreviated various ways, then some records had abrevations
          for counties and town which made it really hard to figure out what
          they were to begin with..

          Scott Scheibe

          <http://scottsworld.info/genealogy/index.php>

          Descendants of Capt. Henry WOODWARD
          <http://woodward.scottsworld.info/>
          Message 4 of 7 , May 6, 2013
            In order to have the ability to change the wrong item (those that are not complete, etc.) you first have to select the right one on the link screen.

            When the link screen first opens you will see both what is on your computer and what is on FS. They may appear to be highlighted the same, but looking carefully may show the wrong item is at the top of the list. (Sometimes it has chosen place names that are actually the same, but only one is fully written out, so it does not change on its own.) Move down that list and you should see what you consider correct and matches your own record. Click it. It should then move up to the top of the list.

            Then click Set Family Tree. You will be asked if you want to save the correction you just made before it goes to the next screen. On the next screen the right location should now be in place. If not use the drop down menu and select it.

            Message 5 of 7 , May 6, 2013
              It almost sounds like you have a database problem or corrupted
              executable or dll file. Start by rebuilding your database (at least
              run check and repair) to see if that helps resolve the problem.