Re: [AQ_NFS] Is this true?

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9, 2013
      Sally and others.

      First, thanks to those who have responded on this.

      Second, let me make sure that all users of AQ understand what is happening.

      Here's a little history. Back in 2008, AQ became the first desktop genealogy software to be certified to work with New.FamilySearch. At the time, there wasn't another means of working with FamilySearch databases, so AQ was actually the ONLY desktop family tree software that could work with FamilySearch data for about 8 months, before RootsMagic joined us.

      The current situation is a bit different. We are in a transition period, where the older "NFS" and the newer "Family Tree" can both be used to work with FamilySearch databases. We are on target for transitioning AQ from working with nFS to working with FT. No ties have been cut between FamilySearch and AQ. While RootsMagic apparently completed the transition first, you can still access the FamilySearch databases through AQ, as we complete the transition.

      For those of you who are using AQ's ability to select the best version of birth/christening/death/burial for Family Tree, the longer AQ maintains the connection with nFS, the more time you will have to perform this work. You do not have the ability with any other software to see all three of these databases (your personal file, the nFS data and the Family Tree data) at the same time, as you perform this task.