Build 19 is available

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 27, 2009
      One of the users reports a bug that would be rare, but for a few people
      who have already reserved a lot of ordinances in New FamilySearch, would
      cause AQ to not be able to reconcile reserved ordinances with NFS. We
      just put out a new build that fixes this.

      Gaylon
    • Stewart Millar
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 27, 2009
        Having downloaded and installed this update - the status of the version
        continues to show version 18 with a date of 23 July.

        Just to be sure the installation worked correctly, I then did a complete
        un-install followed by a fresh install of the ver 19 download - same result,
        still shows as ver 18 with a date of 23 July.

        ==== Stewart

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 27, 2009
          I just updated and all went fine, now have 19

          On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 03:54:49 +0100
          Stewart Millar <stew999@...> wrote:
          > Having downloaded and installed this update - the status
          >of the version
          > continues to show version 18 with a date of 23 July.
          >

          > Just to be sure the installation worked correctly, I
          >then did a complete
          > un-install followed by a fresh install of the ver 19
          >download - same result,
          > still shows as ver 18 with a date of 23 July.
          >

          > ==== Stewart

          Vickie N
          http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~headstones

          "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
          Aesop (620-560 BC, Greek Fabulist)
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 27, 2009
            Stewart:

            Did you download the CD Image file, rather than the Basic installer? I
            just double checked and it looks like we missed a step in renaming a
            file. This should be fixed now. Thanks for reporting the problem. It
            appears that the Basic installer should have been OK.)

            Gaylon

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 28, 2009
              I did use the CD Image file (as it was before you fixed it) - ran the basic
              update and it now successfully reports version 19.

              Stewart Millar wrote:
              > Having downloaded and installed this update - the status of the version
              > continues to show version 18 with a date of 23 July.
              >

              > Just to be sure the installation worked correctly, I then did a complete
              > un-install followed by a fresh install of the ver 19 download - same
              result,
              > still shows as ver 18 with a date of 23 July.
              >

              > ==== Stewart
              >

              > From: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>
              Of
              > Gaylon Findlay
              > Sent: 28 July 2009 01:57
              > To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: [AQ_NFS] Build 19 is available
              >

              > One of the users reports a bug that would be rare, but for a few people
              > who have already reserved a lot of ordinances in New FamilySearch, would
              > cause AQ to not be able to reconcile reserved ordinances with NFS. We
              > just put out a new build that fixes this.

            • register
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 18, 2009
                When I am managing batches the 'date created' column is always blank. This
                would be most useful information. Is there a way I can cause this to
                happen?

              • register
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 18, 2009
                  Gaylon, when I reconcile submitted batches it takes a long time. That is
                  fine but if there was a display of progress that would be helpful. It would
                  also be helpful to be able to abort this process.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 1, 2010
                    I wish and I wish, that it would be possible to select several batches to
                    review. As it is now, you can review one or all. By now I have a "ton" of
                    batches and to review all it takes "forever" to load. And I don't know
                    which batch I really need to look at, so I have to look at all of them. L

                    Is it difficult to fix it so it would work to select several different
                    batches, by holding the CTRL key and clicking on the batches I want to see?

                    I would really appreciate that enhancement. J

                    Thanks,

                    Gunilla

                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 1, 2010
                      Gunilla:

                      Thanks for the suggestion. We'll take into consideration. My best advice
                      until such time as this could be implemented is to use the "All" option
                      a while before you need to look at the batches (then do other things
                      while it loads), so when you are ready, all ordinances in your batch
                      system will be loaded and ready to quickly look through. Once initially
                      loaded, you can later open any batch or all batches very quickly.

                      Gaylon

                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 2, 2010
                        I would also like to see a quicker way to reserve ordinances. When I click the reserve ordinance tab, it loads up EVERY person I have reserved before it would allow me to reserve one or two.

                        Is there a way to reserve one or two without opening up and loading everyone.

                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 2, 2010
                          Leslie:

                          As with batches, AQ needs to be able to give you accurate, up-to-date
                          information on the records you have in your reserve list when you look
                          at it. The first time you open this screen for each AQ session, AQ will
                          read the ordinance information on each person you have in your list to
                          be able to provide that information for you. Once loaded, you can
                          quickly get to this screen for the rest of the AQ session.

                          The trick here is to keep this list small. Put some people on the list,
                          check them out, then either reserve them or remove them from the list.
                          (When you reserve them, they will be moved off of this list in one of
                          two ways: 1) If you place them on an FOR, AQ will automatically take
                          their name from this list and move them to a batch; 2) If you reserve
                          them for the Temples to manage, use the "Remove" button at the bottom of
                          the screen, and use the option to move all temple reserved records to a
                          special batch.)

                          If you keep records on the list that you aren't working with, it doesn't
                          help you, but it requires AQ to read the ordinance status for the person
                          on this list once for each AQ session. Because Ordinance reads are about
                          the most time consuming read from NFS, this can take awhile. Keep the
                          list pruned to just the names you are really working with.

                          Gaylon

                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
                            Today, when I tried to get into Managing batches, when the little window
                            opens, it is blank. It does not list my batches. I tried to sync and 2
                            legacy batches showed up. Needless to say, I am not able to update
                            ordinances that have been done recently.

                            I am using build 12.1.28 and windows XP

                            What's up?

                            Gunilla Manell
                            1488 NW 2 AVE
                            ONTARIO OR 97914
                            Phone# 541-889-9076
                            e-mail: <mailto:gmanell@...> gmanell@...
                            HOME PAGE URL:
                            <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/> http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/
                            FAMILY TREE HOME PAGE URL:
                            <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html>
                            http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html

                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
                              Gunilla:

                              To try to diagnose this a bit, why don't you backup your current
                              database -- use a unique name for this backup so that it doesn't
                              overwrite a prior backup. Then restore the most recent prior backup that
                              you have and see if the backup has this data.

                              Gaylon

                              Message 14 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011

                                I restored from a backup I made a few weeks ago. The manage batches window
                                is being populated now.

                                I recently converted to collaboration. Could that have anything to do with
                                it?

                                I first tried to get the manage batch window while I was I collaborative
                                mode with my .ac file. The window was blank.

                                Then I converted the collaborative file to an .aq file, and the window was
                                still blank.

                                Is it possible that once your data has been converted to .ac, you can no
                                longer use the Manage batches window??

                                Message 15 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
                                  Gunilla:

                                  We were just recently reminded that the conversion process did not
                                  convert the ordinance tracking portion of the database. This would
                                  explain it. We just fixed this a few days ago, and a new build will be
                                  out in a few days with this fix. Please hold off on converting this file
                                  to a collaboration file until after you get the new build with this fix.

                                  Gaylon

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Apr 29, 2011
                                    Let me add one thought to anyone who is already collaborating.

                                    It is not the Collaborating that causes this problem, it is the
                                    conversion. If you are already collaborating and using AQ's ORTS, then
                                    as long as you keep the file as a collaborative file, you'll be OK. Just
                                    don't switch between a normal AQ or PAF file to collaborative (or visa
                                    versa) once you have started tracking ordinance records in AQ, until you