Re: [AQ_NFS] Uploading photos

  • Bill Buchanan
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 23, 2013
      Yes, for now only LDS accounts have access to Photos and Stories. At
      present the site is not yet ready for the general public. The interface and
      procedures can change every few days. (e.g. Last week they changed some of
      the steps for linking a photo to the Family Tree, which caused a flood of
      confusion and frustration. This resulted in the revised help document I
      referred to.) There are bugs that I personally keep running into, but the
      engineers are working at solving the problems.

      I understand that at present the engineers are giving access to 50
      additional LDS accounts per day. When more of the programming problems are
      overcome, Photos and Stories will be made available to everyone. I expect
      that to take a few weeks, possibly even months. So I am sorry if I raised
      people's hopes unrealistically.

      If you use an LDS account and have not yet tried Photos and Stories, your
      chances of gaining access are better in the morning. If you wait until the
      evening you may get the message saying that the site is not accepting any
      more accounts for that day. In my experience, once you have been given
      access, it will not matter what time of the day you sign in.

      Bill Buchanan

    • William Knight
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 23, 2013
        Well it is something worth waiting for, thanks Bill
        Bill