Re: [AQ_NFS] Uploading photos

  • Bill Buchanan
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 22, 2013
      This link may work
      https://help.familysearch.org/publishing/507/114832_f.SAL_Member.html

      If not, sign-in FamilySearch.org, click Help in the upper right-hand corner
      and use this search term in the Ask a Question form:
      How to link a photo to an ancestor in Family Tree

      Or use Photos as the search term, and browse through the 5 pages of results.
      (The results include using photos in PAF, etc. so some patience may be
      required.)

      Bill Buchanan
      blog: http://billbuchanan.blogspot.com

      On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM, William Knight
      <williamknight57@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hey for the less advanced users were do we find instructions for loading
      > photos, instructions that were designed for us seniors
      >

      > ________________________________

    • William Knight
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 22, 2013
        Hey Bill it say's only church members can upload photos at this time, so guess will have to wait

        ________________________________

        website: http://billbuchanan.byethost17.com/

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 23, 2013
          Well morning came, and my last attempt last nigh must have been done correctly. The photo was linked to my grandfather as it was supposed to be when I opened my program.

          Many thanks for those who sent suggestions. Just hope I remember everything the next time I try it,

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 23, 2013
            Yes, for now only LDS accounts have access to Photos and Stories. At
            present the site is not yet ready for the general public. The interface and
            procedures can change every few days. (e.g. Last week they changed some of
            the steps for linking a photo to the Family Tree, which caused a flood of
            confusion and frustration. This resulted in the revised help document I
            referred to.) There are bugs that I personally keep running into, but the
            engineers are working at solving the problems.

            I understand that at present the engineers are giving access to 50
            additional LDS accounts per day. When more of the programming problems are
            overcome, Photos and Stories will be made available to everyone. I expect
            that to take a few weeks, possibly even months. So I am sorry if I raised
            people's hopes unrealistically.

            If you use an LDS account and have not yet tried Photos and Stories, your
            chances of gaining access are better in the morning. If you wait until the
            evening you may get the message saying that the site is not accepting any
            more accounts for that day. In my experience, once you have been given
            access, it will not matter what time of the day you sign in.

            Bill Buchanan

          • William Knight
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 23, 2013
              Well it is something worth waiting for, thanks Bill
              Bill