Re: [AQ_NFS] Uploading photos

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 22, 2013
      Thanks for the suggestion. I think ??? this is what I had done, but a 9:00 pm, and many tries I'm no longer know what I  am doing. Will try again in the morning.

      Thanks to all who have sent directions.

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 22, 2013
        This link may work
        https://help.familysearch.org/publishing/507/114832_f.SAL_Member.html

        If not, sign-in FamilySearch.org, click Help in the upper right-hand corner
        and use this search term in the Ask a Question form:
        How to link a photo to an ancestor in Family Tree

        Or use Photos as the search term, and browse through the 5 pages of results.
        (The results include using photos in PAF, etc. so some patience may be
        required.)

        Bill Buchanan
        blog: http://billbuchanan.blogspot.com

        On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM, William Knight
        <williamknight57@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hey for the less advanced users were do we find instructions for loading
        > photos, instructions that were designed for us seniors
        >

        > ________________________________

      • William Knight
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 22, 2013
          Hey Bill it say's only church members can upload photos at this time, so guess will have to wait

          ________________________________

          website: http://billbuchanan.byethost17.com/

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 23, 2013
            Well morning came, and my last attempt last nigh must have been done correctly. The photo was linked to my grandfather as it was supposed to be when I opened my program.

            Many thanks for those who sent suggestions. Just hope I remember everything the next time I try it,

            Thanks for the suggestion. I think ??? this is what I had done, but a 9:00 pm, and many tries I'm no longer know what I  am doing. Will try again in the morning.

            Thanks to all who have sent directions.

            OK I was successful in uploading another 2 photos. These were for someone
            who was not previously tagged.

            If I could maybe amend the 7th point:
            7. you will get a list of possible matches. If your person appears in the
            list (it should be at the top unless it is a common name), click the select
            button to link the photo to the record in FT.
            If the person does not appear in the list, click the "Refine" button and
            search by their ID number or personal information.

            Once you click on Select, it takes you back to the screen with the name in
            large print, followed by the drop-down arrow (looking like a wide letter V)
            Click the drop-down arrow and click on Person to see the record, complete
            with the linked photos.

            The photos I just added are linked to this record L8R3-6WZ  They are not
            great photos but they are the only ones I have of someone who meant a lot
            to me in my childhood.

            Bill Buchanan
            blog: http://billbuchanan.blogspot.com

            On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Cleadie B <cleadieb@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I had gotten to what you list as
            > item number 7. I have gone to Family Tree and found the person. From there
            > nothing happens to put the link on the photo. No photo is joined to the
            > person on FT.
            >
            > I have tried this quite a number of times, with the same results.
            >
            > However, thanks for the time you have spent to give me such detailed
            > directions.
            >
            > Cleadie B
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Bill Buchanan
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 23, 2013
              Yes, for now only LDS accounts have access to Photos and Stories. At
              present the site is not yet ready for the general public. The interface and
              procedures can change every few days. (e.g. Last week they changed some of
              the steps for linking a photo to the Family Tree, which caused a flood of
              confusion and frustration. This resulted in the revised help document I
              referred to.) There are bugs that I personally keep running into, but the
              engineers are working at solving the problems.

              I understand that at present the engineers are giving access to 50
              additional LDS accounts per day. When more of the programming problems are
              overcome, Photos and Stories will be made available to everyone. I expect
              that to take a few weeks, possibly even months. So I am sorry if I raised
              people's hopes unrealistically.

              If you use an LDS account and have not yet tried Photos and Stories, your
              chances of gaining access are better in the morning. If you wait until the
              evening you may get the message saying that the site is not accepting any
              more accounts for that day. In my experience, once you have been given
              access, it will not matter what time of the day you sign in.

              Bill Buchanan

            • William Knight
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 23, 2013
                Well it is something worth waiting for, thanks Bill
                Bill