Re: [AQ_NFS] Build 8

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
      Margaret and others:

      Each time you see the "FamilySearch Retrying" screen, this means that nFS has lost the connection with AQ. Prior to build 8, this would have caused AQ to "hang." Now that you have build 8, AQ realizes after a few seconds that nFS has lost the connection, and it tries again, so the process continues and eventually succeeds.

      Sometimes nFS seems to be in pretty good shape, so you rarely see this "Retrying" screen, and everything moves as quickly as you are used to. But when nFS has a "bad hair day,", then you'll see this "Retrying" screen often, and things will be slow, because nFS is struggling.

      After seeing a few of you mention the same problem this evening, I am running what is normally a quick process with nFS, and I see what you mean. nFS is not doing well tonight. Maybe it will pick up in an hour. Maybe sometime tomorrow.

      Build 8 didn't cause the slowness. FamilySearch is currently slow, and build 8 is helping you get through it, whereas earlier builds would have just given up.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
        All,

        I haven't dont the update (yet), but earlier today, before Gaylon
        announced build 8's availability, I was seeing the retry screen quite
        often. I noticed that the FamilySearch site was also experiencing
        problems when accessing it for searches and also working with people
        in Family Tree.

        So, not AQ, but FamilySearch . . . having a rough time of it. I also
        noticed problems with Ancestry.com, possibly general internet problems
        and not tied to either site.