Re: [AQ_NFS] Re: Build 8

  • bgm
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
      I'm having the same issue, also

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
        Margaret and others:

        Each time you see the "FamilySearch Retrying" screen, this means that nFS has lost the connection with AQ. Prior to build 8, this would have caused AQ to "hang." Now that you have build 8, AQ realizes after a few seconds that nFS has lost the connection, and it tries again, so the process continues and eventually succeeds.

        Sometimes nFS seems to be in pretty good shape, so you rarely see this "Retrying" screen, and everything moves as quickly as you are used to. But when nFS has a "bad hair day,", then you'll see this "Retrying" screen often, and things will be slow, because nFS is struggling.

        After seeing a few of you mention the same problem this evening, I am running what is normally a quick process with nFS, and I see what you mean. nFS is not doing well tonight. Maybe it will pick up in an hour. Maybe sometime tomorrow.

        Build 8 didn't cause the slowness. FamilySearch is currently slow, and build 8 is helping you get through it, whereas earlier builds would have just given up.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
          All,

          I haven't dont the update (yet), but earlier today, before Gaylon
          announced build 8's availability, I was seeing the retry screen quite
          often. I noticed that the FamilySearch site was also experiencing
          problems when accessing it for searches and also working with people
          in Family Tree.

          So, not AQ, but FamilySearch . . . having a rough time of it. I also
          noticed problems with Ancestry.com, possibly general internet problems
          and not tied to either site.