Re: New emergency patch for AQ available

  • S Douglas Cline
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 22, 2013
      For those of us uncertain as to exactly how to extract the contents of the
      file INTO our AQ 14, could you give us detailed instructions?

      S Douglas Cline

      Brown & Young Companies

      Cell: 801 560-2340

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 22, 2013
        For Windows 7 users, the path to the AQ14 programs is:
        C:\Program Files (x86)\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 14

        For other systems, you may find the path under:
        C:\Program Files\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 14

        This is where you want to _save_ the downloaded file. Then unpack the
        file (Most windows systems include the ability) to the same directory.
        In some systems, you will need to provide adminstrator authority (for
        both saving and unpacking/overwriting the files).

        After you've unpacked the software, start AQ. Go to Help... About
        Ancestral Quest... and look at the date at the top of the window that
        opens. If you did unpacked the patch correctly, you will see the
        2/21/2013 date.

        On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:19:51 -0700, you wrote:

        >For those of us uncertain as to exactly how to extract the contents of the
        >file INTO our AQ 14, could you give us detailed instructions?
        >

        >S Douglas Cline
        >
        >Brown & Young Companies
        >
        >Cell: 801 560-2340

      • S Douglas Cline
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 22, 2013
          For those of you wondering, there should be two files found in Gaylon's
          link. The first is AncQuest and the other is AQ.1033Lng. Simply highlight
          the files, right click, copy and then paste them in your AQ14 folder. You
          will receive a message to copy and replace each file. Select copy and
          replace and you should be fine. However, you virus software may not
          recognize your AQ now that you have the new files installed since they
          weren't installed through an AQ update. In this case uncheck the box in the
          virus checker to not ask the question each time that AQ is initialized.

          Hope this helps.

          S Douglas Cline

          Brown & Young Companies

          Cell: 801 560-2340