New emergency patch for AQ available

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 21, 2013
      All:

      Over the last couple of weeks, we have heard that many of you are finding that AQ seems to hang a lot when working with nFS. Apparently, as FamilySearch is making changes toward implementing Family Tree, they broke something in nFS, causing AQ to hang while waiting for nFS to respond to AQ's requests for data.

      We have just put out a patch file that should fix this.

      The patch file also fixes a problem with AQ's new "Update Ordinances" feature not updating Sealings when the local database has "Submitted" or "In Progress" for the ordinance status.

      At the request of FamilySearch, we are disabling the "Combine" capability for FamilySearch records until we have the ability to Merge in Family Tree. This patch will disable the Combine.

      You can download the patch here:

      http://www.inclinesoftware.net/files/Latest.zip

      Extract the contents of this file into your AQ 14 program folder. If you successfully replace the old file, the date in the About screen of AQ will show 2/21/13.

      Gaylon
    • S Douglas Cline
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 22, 2013
        For those of us uncertain as to exactly how to extract the contents of the
        file INTO our AQ 14, could you give us detailed instructions?

        S Douglas Cline

        Brown & Young Companies

        Cell: 801 560-2340

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 22, 2013
          For Windows 7 users, the path to the AQ14 programs is:
          C:\Program Files (x86)\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 14

          For other systems, you may find the path under:
          C:\Program Files\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 14

          This is where you want to _save_ the downloaded file. Then unpack the
          file (Most windows systems include the ability) to the same directory.
          In some systems, you will need to provide adminstrator authority (for
          both saving and unpacking/overwriting the files).

          After you've unpacked the software, start AQ. Go to Help... About
          Ancestral Quest... and look at the date at the top of the window that
          opens. If you did unpacked the patch correctly, you will see the
          2/21/2013 date.

          On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:19:51 -0700, you wrote:

          >For those of us uncertain as to exactly how to extract the contents of the
          >file INTO our AQ 14, could you give us detailed instructions?
          >

          >S Douglas Cline
          >
          >Brown & Young Companies
          >
          >Cell: 801 560-2340

        • S Douglas Cline
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 22, 2013
            For those of you wondering, there should be two files found in Gaylon's
            link. The first is AncQuest and the other is AQ.1033Lng. Simply highlight
            the files, right click, copy and then paste them in your AQ14 folder. You
            will receive a message to copy and replace each file. Select copy and
            replace and you should be fine. However, you virus software may not
            recognize your AQ now that you have the new files installed since they
            weren't installed through an AQ update. In this case uncheck the box in the
            virus checker to not ask the question each time that AQ is initialized.

            Hope this helps.

            S Douglas Cline

            Brown & Young Companies

            Cell: 801 560-2340