RE: [AQ_NFS] Re: updating ordinances

  • Sherry Burger
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 19, 2013
      Gaylon -

      I have been attempting to use this function to update ordinances of sealing
      to parent and spouse for months (perhaps 7 or 8). It has never worked. I
      don't feel this is a new thing..

      S. Burger

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 21, 2013
        All:

        Over the last couple of weeks, we have heard that many of you are finding that AQ seems to hang a lot when working with nFS. Apparently, as FamilySearch is making changes toward implementing Family Tree, they broke something in nFS, causing AQ to hang while waiting for nFS to respond to AQ's requests for data.

        We have just put out a patch file that should fix this.

        The patch file also fixes a problem with AQ's new "Update Ordinances" feature not updating Sealings when the local database has "Submitted" or "In Progress" for the ordinance status.

        At the request of FamilySearch, we are disabling the "Combine" capability for FamilySearch records until we have the ability to Merge in Family Tree. This patch will disable the Combine.

        You can download the patch here:

        http://www.inclinesoftware.net/files/Latest.zip

        Extract the contents of this file into your AQ 14 program folder. If you successfully replace the old file, the date in the About screen of AQ will show 2/21/13.

        Gaylon
      • S Douglas Cline
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 22, 2013
          For those of us uncertain as to exactly how to extract the contents of the
          file INTO our AQ 14, could you give us detailed instructions?

          S Douglas Cline

          Brown & Young Companies

          Cell: 801 560-2340

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 22, 2013
            For Windows 7 users, the path to the AQ14 programs is:
            C:\Program Files (x86)\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 14

            For other systems, you may find the path under:
            C:\Program Files\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 14

            This is where you want to _save_ the downloaded file. Then unpack the
            file (Most windows systems include the ability) to the same directory.
            In some systems, you will need to provide adminstrator authority (for
            both saving and unpacking/overwriting the files).

            After you've unpacked the software, start AQ. Go to Help... About
            Ancestral Quest... and look at the date at the top of the window that
            opens. If you did unpacked the patch correctly, you will see the
            2/21/2013 date.

            On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:19:51 -0700, you wrote:

            >For those of us uncertain as to exactly how to extract the contents of the
            >file INTO our AQ 14, could you give us detailed instructions?
            >

            >S Douglas Cline
            >
            >Brown & Young Companies
            >
            >Cell: 801 560-2340

          • S Douglas Cline
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 22, 2013
              For those of you wondering, there should be two files found in Gaylon's
              link. The first is AncQuest and the other is AQ.1033Lng. Simply highlight
              the files, right click, copy and then paste them in your AQ14 folder. You
              will receive a message to copy and replace each file. Select copy and
              replace and you should be fine. However, you virus software may not
              recognize your AQ now that you have the new files installed since they
              weren't installed through an AQ update. In this case uncheck the box in the
              virus checker to not ask the question each time that AQ is initialized.

              Hope this helps.

              S Douglas Cline

              Brown & Young Companies

              Cell: 801 560-2340