Re: updating ordinances

  • Tom Huber
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 19, 2013
      On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 01:03:28 -0000, you wrote:

      >If anyone has examples of where AQ fails to update an ordinance when
      linkages are correct, I would like for them to send me a backup of their
      database, and a note as to which people are not being updated.

      I have run into numerous instances where I run Update Ordinances and
      some very old ordinances are suddenly "found" and the records updated.
      I've always attributed these to continued updates of the data from
      previously non-included records.

      I have a very large database and several areas seem to fail to update
      as intended. One of them is after I've reserved a record, AQ puts in
      submitted (with date), but the Update Ordinances fails to Update from
      "Submitted (with date)" to "In process". Keep in mind that this may
      because I have not printed a FOR or had cards printed for the
      ordinances.

      I've also seen instances where I run the "Manage Batches", reconcile,
      and update all. I do not do anything with the Update or Update Local
      functions, but would rather leave it to Update Ordinances to handle.
      They don't always do the job and I can come back (after shutting down
      AQ, recycling the computer) and still see the fields with an asterisk,
      indicating that it needs to be updated with my local records.

      Because we are moving toward Family Tree, I haven't taken time to
      report the problem because I feel that working on some of these at
      this time may not be the best use of time. If I'm wrong, I'll do the
      research and report back privately with a copy of the database and
      also the PIDs and RINs of those impacted.

    • Sherry Burger
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 19, 2013
        Gaylon -

        I have been attempting to use this function to update ordinances of sealing
        to parent and spouse for months (perhaps 7 or 8). It has never worked. I
        don't feel this is a new thing..

        S. Burger

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 21, 2013
          All:

          Over the last couple of weeks, we have heard that many of you are finding that AQ seems to hang a lot when working with nFS. Apparently, as FamilySearch is making changes toward implementing Family Tree, they broke something in nFS, causing AQ to hang while waiting for nFS to respond to AQ's requests for data.

          We have just put out a patch file that should fix this.

          The patch file also fixes a problem with AQ's new "Update Ordinances" feature not updating Sealings when the local database has "Submitted" or "In Progress" for the ordinance status.

          At the request of FamilySearch, we are disabling the "Combine" capability for FamilySearch records until we have the ability to Merge in Family Tree. This patch will disable the Combine.

          You can download the patch here:

          http://www.inclinesoftware.net/files/Latest.zip

          Extract the contents of this file into your AQ 14 program folder. If you successfully replace the old file, the date in the About screen of AQ will show 2/21/13.

          Gaylon
        • S Douglas Cline
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 22, 2013
            For those of us uncertain as to exactly how to extract the contents of the
            file INTO our AQ 14, could you give us detailed instructions?

            S Douglas Cline

            Brown & Young Companies

            Cell: 801 560-2340

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 22, 2013
              For Windows 7 users, the path to the AQ14 programs is:
              C:\Program Files (x86)\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 14

              For other systems, you may find the path under:
              C:\Program Files\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 14

              This is where you want to _save_ the downloaded file. Then unpack the
              file (Most windows systems include the ability) to the same directory.
              In some systems, you will need to provide adminstrator authority (for
              both saving and unpacking/overwriting the files).

              After you've unpacked the software, start AQ. Go to Help... About
              Ancestral Quest... and look at the date at the top of the window that
              opens. If you did unpacked the patch correctly, you will see the
              2/21/2013 date.

              On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:19:51 -0700, you wrote:

              >For those of us uncertain as to exactly how to extract the contents of the
              >file INTO our AQ 14, could you give us detailed instructions?
              >

              >S Douglas Cline
              >
              >Brown & Young Companies
              >
              >Cell: 801 560-2340

            • S Douglas Cline
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 22, 2013
                For those of you wondering, there should be two files found in Gaylon's
                link. The first is AncQuest and the other is AQ.1033Lng. Simply highlight
                the files, right click, copy and then paste them in your AQ14 folder. You
                will receive a message to copy and replace each file. Select copy and
                replace and you should be fine. However, you virus software may not
                recognize your AQ now that you have the new files installed since they
                weren't installed through an AQ update. In this case uncheck the box in the
                virus checker to not ask the question each time that AQ is initialized.

                Hope this helps.

                S Douglas Cline

                Brown & Young Companies

                Cell: 801 560-2340