importing family lines

  • Margaret Thompson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2013
      I tried importing family lines for a friend (starting with her) and told it to import 10 generations. It took several hours and then errored out (ran out of memory). When I checked the file it created there were 29 generations. Why did it download so many generations? What settings do I have wrong?

      Margaret

    • RonaldT
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 20, 2013
        I suspect that you ran into a pedigree loop. There are many of those in the new.familysearch.org database.