Dual IDs

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2013
      I have a weird problem. I hope someone can wade through this lengthy explanation and offer a solution. Thanks in advance for any help. It is driving me crazy.

      I have a John who m Elizabeth. They had a son William (#1) with an ID of  L8WD-KCT

      John has a brother William (#2) also with the ID of  L8WD-KCT

      William (#1) has the correct data / nothing extra when check in AQ Link screen

      William (#2) has his own data and that of William (#1) when check with AQ Link screen (I had set the proper data for him weeks ago, and it still holds.) But I can't figure out how to get rid of (#1)s data from (#2)s file.

      In FT they both show with their own correct data, but now both have the same ID. How can I get these two men unlinked?

      I tried adding a new child for John, called Wilfred, in FT. I then deleted the relationship for William. Then went back and changed Wilfred to William with all his data. He came out with a new ID.

      At this point (#1) and (#2) had separate IDs in FT.

      I then went to AQ and clicked the button on (#1)s Name field. When it opened the link screen, his ID had changed back to his Uncle's ID, but his data remained as his own, FT was also changed to the Uncle's ID again.

      It seems that AQ has remembered the Uncles ID and has rejected FTs attempt to corrected the matter. If I don't open his AQ file to the link screen I am O'K. How can I get AQ to forget the Uncle's attachment to (#2)?

      I have worked a number of other ways to handle the problem, spending 4 or 5 hours yesterday, and another one today. I am stumped.

    • Bill Buchanan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2013
        Cleadie,

        I suggest that you send the problem to support@... There is a
        special unit that can separate wrongly combined records. They will need
        your date of birth and Helper Access Number.

        Bill Buchanan

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2013
          Thanks for the replies. Hope things hold fast as they seem to be working O'K as far as the IDs are concerned. I will see what I can do / or need to do about the merged data at a later date.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 13, 2013
            Hi Gaylon,

            As the Church moves forward with Family Tree, I am wondering where we
            are in the progress toward having APIs (the interface) with the new
            program. Do you have any word on when all updates will be handled with
            FT and none can be done though nFS?

            Thanks,