combining spouses

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 14, 2009
      I have come upon a man who has 7 unknown spouses. I have the PDI number for 6 of them, but can't figure out how to combine them.

      Any suggestions? Would this be something they would have to do in Salt Lake?

      Cleadie B.

    • Lawanna Casto
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 14, 2009
        I don't know how to do this in AQ, but if you're logged directly into nFS
        here's what I do to resolve the problem...
        select ancestor with multiple spouses.
        click on the + next to their name (means they have multiple spouses)
        this will bring up a window to allow you to choose which spouse you want to
        look at
        BUT don't pick a spouse -- select the tab that says "Resolve Duplicate
        Spouses"
        then check all the 'unknown' spouses
        compare in more detail
        Then you'll get a side by side comparison of the people just like in the
        'finding possible duplicates'

        Lawanna

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14, 2009
          In Ancestral Quest, if you review the man's record, then click on the
          button for "Spouses/Children", you'll see the list of all the spouses.
          At the bottom of the screen is a button labeled, "Combine Spouses".

          Gaylon

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 15, 2009
            Thanks for the response from Lawanna and Gaylon for the responses. I forgot to add that my problem showed up in nFS, but I got the info I needed., so all is well., and he now has only one unknown wife.

            Cleadie B.