NFS and Sources Request

  • tcurtis Genealogy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2009
      Gaylon;
      I've just been given access to new Family Search. Yea!

      I have a request. Would it possible, when I link an individual, and
      then copy data from NFS to AQ that a source citation be added
      automatically for that event. I'm not to worried about the format of
      the source citation, since I can then search and update as necessary.

      I've noticed that as I sync whole families, I sometimes want to copy
      data from NFS and it is difficult to go back over each family member
      and research what was changed. If there's already a way to do this,
      I'm sorry for asking.

      Enjoy the search!
      Thayne
      tcurtisGen@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13, 2009
        Thayne:

        Don't be sorry for asking. This is something that was on our to-do list
        for the nFS syncing from the beginning, but we keep having more pressing
        matters to attend to, so it keeps getting pushed back. Hopefully we can
        tackle this soon after we release the new Ordinance Reservation and
        Tracking System we are currently beta testing.

        Gaylon

        tcurtis Genealogy wrote:
        > Gaylon;
        > I've just been given access to new Family Search. Yea!
        >
        > I have a request. Would it possible, when I link an individual, and
        > then copy data from NFS to AQ that a source citation be added
        > automatically for that event. I'm not to worried about the format of
        > the source citation, since I can then search and update as necessary.
        >
        > I've noticed that as I sync whole families, I sometimes want to copy
        > data from NFS and it is difficult to go back over each family member
        > and research what was changed. If there's already a way to do this,
        > I'm sorry for asking.
        >

        > Enjoy the search!
        > Thayne
        > tcurtisGen@...

      • Eric
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 26, 2009
          I know I have seen the answer somewhere but cannot find it. When I Manage Batches -> Review Ordinance Batch I see a date in the ordinance column and this date may be followed by and asterisk (*). What is the asterisk telling me.

          Eric
        • register

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 26, 2009
              It would be nice it these were sorted by RIN or Alpha.