FT sync with AQ?

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
      Has anyone got a time frame when AQ will be syncing with FT?

      I think FT will take a bit of getting used to but I can already see huge
      advantages to it. But I am used to using AQ to communicate and make changes
      to nfs and reserving and checking on temple work through that.

      I know it is probably a programmer's nightmare to keep up with the change,
      but I imagine it is being done even as we speak. Just want to know how long
      I may have to expect working with the 3 different programs-AQ, nfs and FT

      Leslie Vaughn

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
        Leslie:

        The new FamilySearch APIs, which will allow AQ to work directly with FT are slated to be available early next year. Until then, AQ can already do a fair amount of syncing with the Family Tree. Rather than work with 3 programs, as you say you are doing, watch the following video that will cover concepts that let you do most of it from one program (AQ) right now.

        http://www.inclinesoftware.net/files/New14Videos/FamilyTreePrep.html

        Also, be aware that the handling of ordinances in FT will be about the same as in nFS. So continue to use AQ for ordinance reservation and tracking. It works now, and should continue to work.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
          Thanks Gaylon

          As usual I can count on you to be johnnie-on-the spot with answers and
          solutions.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
            Thanks, Gaylon. The video is very helpful.

            David Braidwood

          • Bob Penry
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 10, 2012
              Gaylon, I loved the video on making sure that NFS and Family Tree are correct, even if you placed Washington Nebeker in Illinios instead of Illinois!