Re: [AQ_NFS] ID # problem? Maybe

  • tomhuber.yah@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
      I also use AQ because it has the look and feel of PAF, and I use it
      primarily as my way to keep everything straight, because, as your wife
      has found, the collaboration sometimes results in a major mess. This
      may prevent the system from becoming what we really want it to be. And
      I feel for your wife. I have the same problem with one of my families.
      For years (including in the DAR applications) people have taken what
      really amounts to being a footnote as if it was a fact, and connected
      an ancestor, for which we do not have birth records, and tied them to
      a person for whom birth records do exist, but is not related.

      I tried to do some correcting of a child that was connected to the
      wrong parents and I can't get the Family Tree to disconnect. I can
      disconnect one or the other parent, but not both and the instructions
      in the Family Tree PDF simply do not work "as advertised". I've opened
      a ticket and hope to hear of a resolution.

      Tom