Collaboration Problems

  • Ken Doyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2012
      A file I have been working on last night and today won't let me Check-In.

      First because it said it was not checked out to me.

      I had at one stage closed it and opened on a different computer to see if the new colour coding system went accross. Trying out the new ideas from the great Tutorials Gaylon has made. Love the new features.

      It did not check the file in because nothing was changed. I wondered at the time. It never asked me to Check it in.

      Then I opened it back up on the first computer and started to check for ordinaces updates. After I got the hang of it and as Gaylon had suggested I let it do it automatically.

      After a while it said it could not create a log file of the changes and it kept going.

      Eventually it updated 1660 people. Plus a few I had done earlier.

      Then it would not allow me to check it in.

      I did see some conflicting files in dropbox. So maybe I did not allow sufficient time for an update in dropbox.

      I checked out the two conflicting files checking the logs and the three files were the same last log. But the one I believed was the Collaborative file had just had over 1660 people updated for ordinances.

      I looked up the time in the USA but it was already 8 PM on Friday night. Otherwise I would have tried phoning Paul at AQ.

      When all else failed I deleted the file off the Collaboration Server.

      When all else failed I converted to a local file with a different name. Then went into to Collaboration Server and deleted the file.

      Then took the local file and converted it back to a collaboration file changing name back to what I had previously had.

      Published this file.

      When exiting it I was not allowed to Check-In.

      "Cannot find the collaboration file you are trying to access. The file was probably removed by the file owner"

      So the newly published file was not available.

      Really at a loss to know what to do. I assume it has to do with me keeping the files in dropbox. Yet dropbox did show all files up to date before opening it.

      Still have no idea how to fix the problem.

      After losing a UPS and TWO NAS Servers in a storm earlier this year I wanted extra protection. This was compounded by the fact I found Microsoft Sync Toy was not always syncing the files correctly.

      So to overcome both risks I went to using Collaboration and Dropbox.

      But somehow I seemed to have messed up.

      HELP. How do I get the file on the Collaboration Server?

      Cheers,

      Ken